Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BNP - grrrrr - REALLY hope none of you are voting for them........

(47 Posts)
Gwenick Sat 23-Apr-05 21:26:56

here

Read the first part of the manifesto and had to stop was just fuming.........

anchovies Sat 23-Apr-05 21:29:14

It's hard to believe that anybody votes for them isn't it

Caligula Sat 23-Apr-05 21:29:49

Chortled at the everyone must keep a rifle at home bit "it's there to shoot invaders if they want, it's there to shoot burglars if they want" . Presumably it's there to shoot Nick Griffin if they want too!

How can anyone take them seriously?

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 21:30:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happymerryberries Sat 23-Apr-05 21:31:56

I don't belive in violence but sometimes I think I would be prepared to stretch a point

Gwenick Sat 23-Apr-05 21:32:33

SS - the link itself isn't 'too' bad - it's the BBC news story about the manifesto launch - DEFINITELY don't advise the external manifesto link though

Aimsmum Sat 23-Apr-05 21:33:46

Message withdrawn

Juliehafrancis Sat 23-Apr-05 21:34:26

I think it's just so sad that our that some parts of our country have come to this.. I think it's disgraceful behaviour but also very scary. Surely racial hatred is illegal...?

lockets Sat 23-Apr-05 21:36:54

Message withdrawn

Moomin Sat 23-Apr-05 21:37:35

It reads like a joke. It's like 'let's see how many absolutely outrageous and completely un-doable things we can put into our manifesto' !! I would suggest they add:

*shut down all curry houses, kebab shops, chinese restaurants and other food shops of ethnic origin and replace with jellied eel shops;

* handguns available for secondary school children in case anyone disses them about their mom;

* release all monkeys and chimps from mainland zoos and safari parks so they can patrol estates and keep all non-white criminal-types off the streets (goes without saying that they should be armed).

Any more?

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 21:38:52

snafu Sat 23-Apr-05 21:54:41

It's not all bad, though. The manifesto also outlines plans for compulsory recorder lessons for all children between the ages of 5 and 14, and the encouragement of Morris dancing.

Gwenick Sat 23-Apr-05 21:56:23

LOL@Snafu

At least this is one thing (I hope!) that 99.99% of us agree on

anchovies Sat 23-Apr-05 21:58:21

What about using deformed organic veg in school dinners, surely that's a bonus?!

Seriously though, just read the whole thing and am utterly astounded.

anchovies Sat 23-Apr-05 22:01:29

Are you seriously allowed to have

We would abolish all laws against racial discrimation in employment

as one of your policies?

moondog Sat 23-Apr-05 22:02:57

Well.....democracy and all that.......
Not that I defend the BNP for a nanosecond but we have to understand why some people feel like this and would resort to voting for them. it is easy to go on about multi culturalism and its benefits when you are relatively affluent and have a reasonable life .

Worrying thing is that BNP have made vague moves to try and align themselves with Welsh nationalists (which is how I describe myself).
Nick Griffin also lives in mid Wales as do many of these people on the grounds that this part of the UK is not multi cultural.

KatieMac Sat 23-Apr-05 22:15:16

The really sad thing is that in our area the BNP have some quite reasonable policies (as well as the cr*p)....and I had to explain to my DH why he shouldn't vote for them.....he's jamaican

Heathcliffscathy Sat 23-Apr-05 22:19:14

jeez katiemac

BigGayDad Sat 23-Apr-05 22:21:23

C*ts

I have only lived for any period of time in three council wards, and until the last local government elections two of these had BNP councillors. I knew some of the morons, thugs and easily led who had voted for them. The same people whose parents would have murdered them if they knew they had voted for facists. Some people just don't or won't understand the reality around people like this.

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 22:23:19

KatieMac Sat 23-Apr-05 22:24:25

The point is some people don't look at the party name they look at the person......what happens if too many people make the smae mistake....Oh he seems OK I'll give him my vote

DH is not thick...just not very politically aware..I force him to vote...maybe I shouldn't

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 22:30:56

JanH Sat 23-Apr-05 22:31:46

For me this piece about Nick Griffin's daughter sums up the BNP and its misinformation to perfection.

<<When told that 22 per cent of those classifying themselves as Welsh now live elsewhere in Britain, with the greatest loss being the decision of the young and university-educated to move to the south east of England, she fiddles with her pink mobile phone.

'If that was true, I am sure my father would have told me,' she mutters. 'The Daily Mail seems sure that illegal immigration is causing terrible problems across the country. I am only 17. I can't be expected to know all the facts.'>>

<<'How do I know we have enough immigrants in this country?' she asked. 'I saw proof of it today: quite literally, me and the film crew were the only white faces on the street. They were all Asians or coloured people, and that tells me this country is full up.'

Jennifer is not certain where she was filming. 'Somewhere "Green",' she hesitates. 'Green Lanes?' She has an excuse to be confused: she has never been to London before. She admits she has no idea that Green Lanes is a key centre of London's Asian community. She adds that she had thought it was representative of the whole city, if not all of England. After the propaganda is screened in Wales, she also admits some viewers could believe the same.>>

Say no more...

Gwenick Sat 23-Apr-05 22:33:55

"firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home".

Yep lovely hey SS - just leave me unemployed and a single mum with 2 boys (or should they go too - they're not white..........) to look after - probably on benefits and send my DH and his family that are now over here (his BIL a pharmasist, one of my SIL and her DH both Nurses.........) back 'home'!!!

snafu Sat 23-Apr-05 22:40:05

<<We do not accept the absurd superstition... of human equality>>

I find the BNP repulsive. But I agree with moondog and do think it's important to read the manifesto, even when (perhaps especially when) it makes you want to spit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now