Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This is truly a heartbreaking story and a serious screwup.

(10 Posts)
StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Mar-09 22:12:15

Message withdrawn

edam Mon 02-Mar-09 22:24:03

good grief.

mamadiva Mon 02-Mar-09 22:35:41

Horrible story just saw this on the news, it was a 2YO boy and a 9YO girl, he had been sexually abusing both children for months and raped the little boy

My faith in SS is seriously starting to go right down... it said when the 9YO told what was happening the parents told SS who replied with 'well he does have a history' WTF?

How could they put that 'thing' in with a familyt who has children when they knew he was a paedophile?

I'm sorry to say it but it's about time we stopped pussy footing around and say enough is enough a mistake of this proportion should not be allowed to pass, lock him up and keep him there for life 6 years is NOT enough and whoever was responsible for it should be sacked and never allowed to practice again.

That family will be in turmoil and those parents will always blame themselves for what that did, he should be bloody shot!

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 03-Mar-09 09:55:34

I just read about that. I simply do not understand how on earth that could have happened. It is not a mistake, it is far beyond an error of judgement.

Someone, somewhere, decided to place a known and convicted child sex offender in a family home with young children. I would certainly be very interested to hear their explanation of exactly why they
a) thought that could ever be appropriate
b) why they decided to not inform the parents that taking this person in would pose a threat to their own children and
c) how on earth a person could be so spectacularly bad at their job that they are capable of making such choices.

tiredsville Tue 03-Mar-09 13:34:03

Just awful.

loobeylou Tue 03-Mar-09 14:00:15

so so sad, and the double tragedy is the poor parents thought they were doing something so generous and worthy

appalling "mistake" to have happened

lalalonglegs Tue 03-Mar-09 14:04:02

Felt absolutely sick when I heard about this and I am rarely over-sensitive to news stories. I can't imagine what sort of fuck up took place that allowed this to happen - I hope that the children (and their parents) are getting a tonne of help and support (not from Social Services).

CharleeInChains Tue 03-Mar-09 14:07:50

God this is a horrible story.

We were a fostering family when i was growing up and we had one child that had been moved from a placement becuase he sexually abused the foster carers own child, they placed the child with us knowing we had my niece living with us at the time she was only 2.

We had no idea we let the child play with her, take her for walks ect. Sickening to think about it now.

This childs parents then went on to complain about my mum who when she found out wouldn't let the child have unsupervised contact with DN.

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Tue 03-Mar-09 22:26:04

I bet we won't get an explanation as to how this could have happened, because they'll hide behind confidentiality or some such convenient cloak of secrecy.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 04-Mar-09 13:17:35

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now