Talk

Advanced search

Doctored photos

(8 Posts)
hatmum Wed 13-Apr-05 10:22:05

Am I the only one who thinks that sacking someone over a secretly-recorded private conversation in which a personal opinion was being mooted was somewhat less bad than doctoring a photograph (in fact, giving the entirely opposite message) and plastering it around a constituency? Something quite weird in MH's head I think to be so paradoxical.

Tetley Wed 13-Apr-05 10:24:18

I agree absolutely. To doctor a photo & then to say that you did it as otherwise the elctorate wouldn't understand is to my mind, highly patronising & also immoral

mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 10:53:07

the photo doctoring story is bizarre and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth - the bbc website report is a bit confusing - is the gist of it that the tory candidate is wishing to appear less supportive of immigration and asylum seekers than he really is?

Tetley Wed 13-Apr-05 11:10:52

Yes - basically when he thought it would make him look good (or perhaps it is what he truely belives in) he went to a demo to stop an asylum seeker being deported. However, now he is using the photo for his election campaign he has doctored the photos so that the placard he is holding isn't as pro-asylym seekers & closer to toeing the party line.

hatmum Wed 13-Apr-05 11:30:05

I was surprised that Anne Widdecombe was so blase about being 'doctored'. I would have been absolutely furious though maybe she thinks it shows her in a more MH-friendly light too looking a bit less pro-immigration. And all from a party leader whose family were economic migrants and who lied to stay in the country!

ionesmum Wed 13-Apr-05 11:35:10

The man is an arse. I'd have admired him for campaigning to stop the fasmily being deported. To then pretend he was doing the opposite makes him craven. As far as I'm concerned the Tory party line on asylum seekers is one of the main things that makes them unelectable.

Gwenick Wed 13-Apr-05 11:36:46

sorry completely lost - can we have a link please

hatmum Wed 13-Apr-05 12:20:00

Story is here but without the original photo (sure it gives a link to it somewhere).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: