Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

boy alfie

(99 Posts)
TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:23:27

what if anything have you told your dc's???

have been trying to avoid them knowing, but as we are near to where he comes from blush one heard it mentioned on the news.

i just brushed it aside as chav behaviour having babies too young.

compo Wed 18-Feb-09 18:24:31

chav behaviour?!! christ!

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:25:45

you don't approve shock

fattiemumma Wed 18-Feb-09 18:26:27

why would you "brush it aside" and what is "chav behaviour"

surely it is the perfect excuse to speak about sex and its consequences.

pagwatch Wed 18-Feb-09 18:26:51

Well - that is one way of dealing with it hmm

Or you could use it as an oppertunity to have a converstaion about sex, relationships, contraception, consequences and pregnancy.

or of course just the chav thing....

RandomStranger Wed 18-Feb-09 18:27:41

He is a child

'i just brushed it aside as chav behaviour having babies too young.'

Try not to judge him, if you want to judge, judge the adults who care for him.

Talk to your children about choices - and about the importance of using protection when having sex

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:29:44

so, enough about me

what about everyohe else???

Nabster Wed 18-Feb-09 18:30:02

Chav behaviour?
How old are your children?
I haven't told my children anything, why would I?

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:31:08

the one who asked is 11

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:31:31

perhaps i should have put this in the teenage thread.

pagwatch Wed 18-Feb-09 18:32:08

My 15 year old knows all about contraception and isn't really interested in that news story. My 6 year old does not watch the news. My 12 year old does not understand the news.
So - nothing

pagwatch Wed 18-Feb-09 18:33:13

If he is 11 then why are you not talking to him about what happens when children have sex and don't use contraception. It is a perfect oppertunity isn't it?

Tamarto Wed 18-Feb-09 18:33:57

Impressive way of dealing with it there.

Do you think that comment would have gone down better in the teen section then? hmm

compo Wed 18-Feb-09 18:34:25

I woud be teaching him sex education rather than teaching him to look down his nose at other people

cory Wed 18-Feb-09 18:35:39

Discussed it with dd (12). She reacted as I knew she would, saying that she wouldn't want a baby until she is grown up as she has too many other things she wants to do first.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:35:52

oh, so i did wrong in most people's opinion.
what shall i do, oh please do tell.

what did you all do ??
<<beg, beg>>

mollyroger Wed 18-Feb-09 18:35:55

yeah, because only chavs have unprotected sex...hmm

mollyroger Wed 18-Feb-09 18:40:20

how old are your dc?

If they are too young for the full sex ed talk, just say ''the poor child and his girlfriend have had a baby very young and they are in the news because people are worried about them''

If older, talk to them about the need to make sure that whenever they feel the urge to start experiementing with the opposite sex, remember that a baby can be made all too easily sometimes and talk about contraceptives.

My eldest is 11 and we often talk about relationhips, whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'm hoping that a drip, drip drip approach (oh god, in this context that sounds grim grin) will be more effective than risking waiting until it's too late.

DollyMessiter Wed 18-Feb-09 18:41:55

If your child is 11, surely this is the ideal opportunity to discuss the fact that having sex is something that requires a certain amount of maturity, and comes with responsibilities?

Nice inflammatory OP with the 'chav' bollocks, though.

Well done.

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:43:01

but they are chavs. tis true. and they come from chav town. i know

<<sulks>>

psychomum5 Wed 18-Feb-09 18:43:12

brushing it aside as 'chav behaviour' is very 'head in the sand' of YOU.

he has asked you questions. This is the time you bring up the 'birds and bees' talk. talk to himabout getting in too deep with regards to girls, and what the outcomes could be.....not just babies but also diseases. obviously don;t go overboard, he is 11 after all, but if he is grown-up enough to understand what the news is saying, then he is grown-up enough to know about what sex is and where it leads.

IMVHO tho, it is parents that 'brush aside' their childrens questions that end up being in the position where by their children don;t come to them, turn to friends, and get into trouble.

maybe getting girls pregnant!!

fattiemumma Wed 18-Feb-09 18:44:50

ds is 8.
when it first came on the news he asked if the boy was teh babies dad. i said yes.

"what so they had sex"
yes i replied (trying to hide my shock horror) the boy and his girlfriend had sex and now they have had a baby.

"well that was silly. now he can't go and play football cos he will have to carry the baby" and he ran off to play xbox.

its quite simple, you answer their questions honestly.

daftpunk Wed 18-Feb-09 18:45:00

i wont be mentioning it to my dc...sorry..but it is awful behaviour....a child having a child...ffs!

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Wed 18-Feb-09 18:45:27

i know but the whole idea of a boy of 12 having sex - and have you seen the look of him, is repugnant to me.
my dd is 11 and so yes i was sticking my head in the sand [sand]
my ds is 14 and has not asked about the story.

fattiemumma Wed 18-Feb-09 18:46:21

but they are chavs. tis true. and they come from chav town. i know

best hope you keep your very preciouse Ds' locked in the house then.
it just wouldn't do for them to be so naive thatthey go and get some chav girl pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now