loader

Talk

Advanced search

Donna Anthony conviction quashed - another Meadows case

(5 Posts)
mummytosteven Tue 12-Apr-05 10:22:35

here

teabelly Tue 12-Apr-05 13:26:16

Moved to tears (although am currently 33+3 so cry at anything!). So so sad - cannot imagine being accused of killing your own children and then being imprisoned and having to deal with your own grief, along with your husband doubting you and then divorcing you ...and the few cases that have already gone to appeal are just the tip of the iceberg...

Hope she can now rebuild her life.

mummytosteven Tue 12-Apr-05 13:27:15

it's so terribly sad isn't it - going through all that, and then she seems to have nothing left to come out to

Caligula Tue 12-Apr-05 15:43:44

It sounds like everyone around her just believed what Roy Meadows said. So she was abandoned.

Women like Sally Clarke and Angela Cannings had the support of their husbands and families and friends, who simply couldn't believe that they had done it, and who also had a healthy disrespect for "expert opinion". It looks like poor Donna didn't have that advantage. And her mother died while she was in prison, so she has no-one.

So, so sad.

Amanda3266 Tue 12-Apr-05 16:00:40

Very sad situation.

I know someone who was involved in this case who always felt the conviction was right but the prison sentence wrong

Read the report from the Court of Appeal. The judges DID say that there was other compelling evidence against Donna but that her conviction was unsafe due to the expert witness. Whatever the truth (and I am not certain wether the conviction was right or not) this woman has lost so much. I so hope she can rebuild her life and get the support she needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now