Talk

Advanced search

Charles Kennedy's baby borrn

(35 Posts)
Xzebra Tue 12-Apr-05 06:27:15

Hearing about it on the radio made me smell amniotic fluid, am I weird, or what!? And remember how soft newborns are.

Little boy.

Xzebra Tue 12-Apr-05 06:38:36

Name=Donald James, born somewhere in London.

lockets Tue 12-Apr-05 07:19:32

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Tue 12-Apr-05 08:18:56

Great news!

cod Tue 12-Apr-05 08:38:19

Message withdrawn

LGJ Tue 12-Apr-05 08:56:47

Radio 4

Said that the Lib Dems were the only party that were delivering on their promises.

JanH Tue 12-Apr-05 08:57:17

BBC

Born at St Thomas's and just missed Saskia's birthday, lockets - born at 12.14am.

ButtonMoon Tue 12-Apr-05 09:23:57

Good news but how coincidental for it all to happen so close to the General Election!!!!???

Xzebra Tue 12-Apr-05 09:26:22

born v. v. early this morning (like soon after midnight, I think).

Did anyone else listen to Emma on the Arthers have her baby last week, and think it was just a bit too realistic? Gave me the creeps, a real "NEVER AGAIN" feeling.

elliott Tue 12-Apr-05 09:29:57

Yes, I thought Emma's grunts were extremely realistic....they never seem to have a problem birth on the Archers to they? has there been a single caesarean? (maybe Lizzie's twins?)

Actually I think the Kennedy baby timing is dreadful - can't believe all the (male) commentators who think its fantastic timing -he'll be finding it hard to give the election the priority it needs (he doesn't strike me as very ambitious anyway) and she will be stuck without him for the next few weeks....hope she's got lots of non-political friends!

JanH Tue 12-Apr-05 09:59:59

Tony Blair will have known for months that the Kennedys' baby was due mid-April, BM - I was wondering if timing the election for when the baby would arrive (thus taking Charlie out of the picture a bit and possibly reducing the LibDem threat) was the "coincidence", if there is one...

(TB does like first week of May though.)

I think Emma Grundy has been watching Discovery Health baby programmes!

Xzebra Tue 12-Apr-05 10:00:33

Lizzie had a C-section with the twins because of her heart condition.... I would love someone on Archers to A) find out the sex of baby before it's born, they never do that! and B) go overdue, have failed induction, have the long-labour from hell with different midwives coming on and off and on and off shift...followed by C-section which gets infected in the scar, failed breastfeeding due to the poor mother's body unable to cope.

Is Emma breastfeeding her baby? I can't figure out why she would, she was so keeen to get straight back to work, thought she'd be a "put him on the bottle from birth" type for sure.

I think that people like Mrs. & Mr. Kennedy can pay for the best domestic help... anyway, it's not like the have older children to look after, too.

JoolsToo Tue 12-Apr-05 10:05:15

could be related to your aylesbury cod

bundle Tue 12-Apr-05 12:36:28

donald james is the name of a former boyfriend's father. never imagined a baby having that name!!

Marina Tue 12-Apr-05 12:38:43

Great news for them both, glad to hear Donald James (hmmm...good Scots names though) is safely here

fisil Tue 12-Apr-05 13:41:08

I am sooooo jealous - Sarah Kennedy had the same due date as me, and I just know that the election will all be done and dusted before mine pops out!

Real respect for Charlie. Nothing is more important than family, and it is great to have such a high profile Dad making huge changes (like alrtering the manifesto launch) so that he can be with his wife and son. Still won't vote for him, though.

Yes XZebra, Emma is breastfeeding - hence all the hassle from Susan and Clarrie on Sunday.

cod Tue 12-Apr-05 13:58:16

Message withdrawn

suedonim Tue 12-Apr-05 14:33:55

Aw, nice news. Sarah must be glad to get rid of that bump - she looked soooo uncomfy!

Unusual choice of name - I can't think of anyone called Donald, young or old, even up here in Scotland!

Marina Tue 12-Apr-05 14:35:45

I am struggling with the Donald, the only one I knew in RL was absolutely barking

motherinferior Tue 12-Apr-05 14:36:33

I quite fancied Donald Dewar

JanH Tue 12-Apr-05 14:39:41

Is Donny Osmond a Donald, I wonder?

JanH Tue 12-Apr-05 14:41:24

Yes he is! "Donald Clark Osmond was born in Ogden, Utah on December 9 1957." He's quite nice...

bundle Tue 12-Apr-05 14:54:53

MI!

motherinferior Tue 12-Apr-05 14:57:40

He had that beaky intellectual look to him IRCC.

Marina Tue 12-Apr-05 15:06:41

But his chin was nowhere to be seen MI

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: