Advanced search


(3 Posts)
Lonelymum Mon 11-Apr-05 20:25:04

It just occurred to me yesterday as dh and I were discussing how terrible it is that some people do not use their vote, that we may not be able to vote at this general election.

We moved a couple of months ago. We are registered to vote at our old house (which we still own at the moment, but we would not be able to go down there on election day). Is there anything we can do? Get a postal vote for our old house? Register at our new address? The problem is not made any better by the fact that I do not know the name of either constituency! Who should I contact if I want to do something about this? (And I do!)

jangly Mon 11-Apr-05 20:32:57

Is this any help to you LM?

Lonelymum Mon 11-Apr-05 20:43:52

Thanks Jangly, I knew someone on Mumsnet would be able to help. We can't register at our new address in time for this election, but I have printed off an application to vote by post. Cheers very muchly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: