no

BubblesDeVere Sat 09-Apr-05 12:41:32

on ecnahc .lla eht layoR ylimaf era setircopyh

sunnyskies Sat 09-Apr-05 12:42:04

sey, yrev ecin os raf

BubblesDeVere Sat 09-Apr-05 12:43:50

m'I gnihcaw sananab ni samajyp.

Xzebra Sat 09-Apr-05 12:44:57

I think it's wonderfully romatic, genuine true love. I'm buying a commemorative mug (if I can remember). No I'm not taking the piss, he's loved one woman for 30 years, in spite of everyone telling him to never marry her he's going to anyway. Good for him. As usual, my opinions in a tiny minority, I suppose.

Can't be arsed to write backwards, though. Are you guys using Babelfish or are you laboriously typing things in, ?os ekil

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Apr-05 13:05:48

I just watched them come out of The Guildhall and thought it was bizarre because it was so incredibly low key and normal - they just looked like an ordinary couple in late middle age on their second wedding. She looked very ill at ease and he didn't look much better, most odd. And I suppose we didn't really ever think we'd see them married. The typing backwards is a PITA to read btw.

Amberlilli Sat 09-Apr-05 13:16:45

Have i missed something?
Why is everyone writing backwards on every thread I visit? Feel like I'm being excluded from a secret club!

As to the wedding....Aaaaaahhhh!!
I think it's sooo romantic, they are obviously in very much in love.
In generations to come it will be a love story like Edward and Mrs. Simpson.
Think all these commentators and celebs are being terribly hypocritical, being all nice about her now! And all claimimg to be her 'friend'!

Good luck to them!
It's a shame Charles dithered about 35 years ago, but then we wouldn't have the gorgeous Prince Will would we?
Everything happens for a reason.

Xzebra Sat 09-Apr-05 13:18:45

I suppose MN has a strong community feel, self-identity, so those joining in the game of writing backwards are enjoying it, it's not that awful, is it WWW?

franke Sat 09-Apr-05 13:20:01

Doesn't Zara Phillips look ridiculous?

cupcakes Sat 09-Apr-05 13:23:06

{shock] at boos!

cupcakes Sat 09-Apr-05 13:23:37

...""

Mud Sat 09-Apr-05 13:36:40

How sad that a couple of middle-aged to oldish people can't just get married with everybody feeling like they are entitled to some kind of say on it

Good luck to them, I wish them a long and happy life together

I like Camilla, she seems a strong independent lady who couldn't give a fig for PR, all strength to her

and no, I'm not a royalist

suzywong Sat 09-Apr-05 13:41:09

we are watching the coverage over here downunder, and they are slagging off camilla and talking about the affair and replaying the tampax tape... are they doing it in the UK? It seems a bit mean on her wedding day

JanH Sat 09-Apr-05 13:46:22

I just found the poet laureate's offering in the Guardian - it's rather nice:

Spring Wedding

I took your news outdoors, and strolled a while
In silence on my square of garden-ground
Where I could dim the roar of arguments,
Ignore the scandal-flywheel whirring round,

And hear instead the green fuse in the flower
Ignite, the breeze stretch out a shadow-hand
To ruffle blossom on its sticking points,
The blackbirds sing, and singing take their stand.

I took your news outdoors, and found the Spring
Had honoured all its promises to start
Disclosing how the principles of earth
Can make a common purpose with the heart.

The heart which slips and sidles like a stream
Weighed down by winter-wreckage near its source -
But given time, and come the clearing rain,
Breaks loose to revel in its proper course.

Andrew Motion

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Apr-05 13:57:54

No they're not doing that here Suzywong, it's all quite nice and polite the coverage. Zebra, I couldn't care less if people want to type backwards, it's up to them but it does take longer to read and since I grab a minute or 2 on mn (children allowing) as I pass, I do find it a bit of a PITA, but don't really object to anyone doing it, just haven't really got time to read it all. It's no big deal!

suzywong Sat 09-Apr-05 14:01:40

oh thanks for that www, they are really dishing the dirt over here, my parents are here at the moment and they can't quite believe the cheek of the Colonials. They've dug up all kinds of people to dish dirt - it's great!

This typing backwards thing is like prison slang

ootslooJ Sat 09-Apr-05 16:31:24

ti saw ylevol - teb yeht evah a doog seenk pu

BubblesDeVere Sat 09-Apr-05 16:55:30

oot thgir. on esnepxe deraps

eidsvold Tue 12-Apr-05 05:33:57

suzzy is right - one channel was all lovely and polite and supportive. Another channel in the cut back to the station and such had the whole sorry sordid saga of Charles, Diana, Camilla, tampon phone call and so on playing!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: