Talk

Advanced search

Osbourne daughter Aimee in cancer scare

(11 Posts)
Mothernature Thu 07-Apr-05 12:17:44

Osbourne daughter in cancer scare
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne's eldest daughter Aimee has had surgery after a breast cancer scare.
Aimee, 21, who did not appear in the family's TV show, had a lump removed from her breast, her mother said.

Sharon said her daughter was still being treated after "minor complications" but added: "We're sure she'll make a complete recovery."

The pair recently pulled out of a six-week run of stage show The Vagina Monologues so Aimee could be treated.

The operation went very well on the whole but there have been a few minor complications
Sharon Osbourne

Sharon's statement said: "Aimee's had a breast cancer scare. She found a lump on her breast which she's had removed.
"The operation went very well on the whole but there have been a few minor complications and she will be having more treatment and lots of rest over the next few weeks.

"We're sure she'll make a complete recovery. Thanks so much for all of your support - you've all been fabulous.

Osbourne 'curse'

"Health really is the most important thing in life. After the 12 months we've had, no-one realises that more than me. I promise to let you know the second that she gets the all clear."

The news comes after the family's Buckinghamshire home was burgled then caught fire and, in December 2003, Ozzy almost died in a quad bike accident in the grounds.

Sharon was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002 but made a full recovery.

Aimee reportedly did not want to take part in the family's hit fly-on-the-wall show The Osbournes because she wanted to launch a music career without relying on her parents' fame.

golds Thu 07-Apr-05 12:25:05

I didn't even know she had another daughter, I hope things work out for her.

Janos Fri 08-Apr-05 10:48:24

How awful - I hope that she recovers, it must be very frightening.

HOWEVER - no doubt I will get flamed for this but so what - is there NOTHING that the Osbourne family won't publicise in their quest for attention? What about Aimee's privacy?

katierocket Fri 08-Apr-05 10:50:24

there was a thread about this the other day

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 10:51:32

I can't beleive the bad luck they've had - house burgulared and then a fire, Kelly and Jack in rehab, 2 cancer scares, Ozzy's near death crash...

Janos Fri 08-Apr-05 10:51:56

Ah..OK! I thought people would jump in and say how thoughtless and mean spirited of me to even mention it.

katierocket Fri 08-Apr-05 10:52:59

not sure that kelly and jack in rehab is "bad luck" exactly!

Janos Fri 08-Apr-05 10:53:53

Thats very true vict17. But I really wish we didn't have to hear about all of it.

flamesparrow Fri 08-Apr-05 10:56:43

I'm with you on Kelly and Jack in rehab... more bad judgement than luck!! I was only reading an old magazine with them in the other day where she was saying how much she was looking forward to doing Vagina Monologues

juniperdewdrop Fri 08-Apr-05 11:07:56

Did you see them on Parky? She mentioned the Vagina monologues on there too. I feel for them, poor things

flamesparrow Fri 08-Apr-05 11:26:54

Mine was a magazine at the doctors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now