Talk

Advanced search

Oh, FFS...

(25 Posts)
JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:39:41

now they are mucking about with the timing of the Grand National because of the sodding wedding

I wish they'd just eloped

marthamoo Tue 05-Apr-05 22:41:50

Gosh, all these things I don't care about - Pope's funeral, C&C's wedding and now the Grand National. I'm very apathetic aren't I ? Horses, royalty - can't tell the difference meself.

Tinker Tue 05-Apr-05 22:43:11

Why are we being inflicted with live coverage anyway of the sodding wedding?

SenoraPostrophe Tue 05-Apr-05 22:43:39

Shame on you, Jan.

It is a great event and we brits should stand up and be proud, donthchaknow.

Plus it's an extra glass of wine for the punters before the race. i bet betting shop staff are none too pleased about it though.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 05-Apr-05 22:44:56

I feel a bit sorry for C & C. They're finally doing the right thing (which they should have done in the first place) and people hate them for it.

JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:45:03

Funny you should say that, moo - you will enjoy this bit - lots of horsey references there. (I like the National, lots of pretty horses you know.)

lol at "Boring Old Gits to Wed", apparently a headline in the Star at the time of the first announcement. I had missed that

JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:47:04

Oooh, hello SP and Tink, you weren't there just now.

It would have been the right thing 30 years ago, SP - that's why it isn't now (not that I care of course )

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 22:49:00

Marthamoo you beat me to it.

According to my DB they have shifted the National so there can be no confusion between the two nags

SenoraPostrophe Tue 05-Apr-05 22:49:35

But, y'know. better late than never.

Didn't realise the national was this sat. who's favourite?

JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:50:42

No idea, SP. I will bet on a nice grey one as usual (pref with pretty silks)

Tinker Tue 05-Apr-05 22:51:24

I just hate them anyway SP, regardless.

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 22:51:49

Seemingly someone called Chuck is going to ride his favourite.

She.... seemingly is onto a winner, even if she refuses he has been warned he will be unable to trade her in.

marthamoo Tue 05-Apr-05 22:53:16

Ouch @ that article, Jan. Didn't think I had it in me to feel sorry for Camilla but reading that I did feel a teeny twinge.

JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:54:06

Forest Gunner - lady jockey (oo-er)

marthamoo Tue 05-Apr-05 22:56:15

I usually go for one with a daft name. When I was a student loads of us put a bet on a horse called Roll-a-Joint (fnar, fnar) and I think it fell at the first fence. I bet students all over the UK put bets on that one...

JanH Tue 05-Apr-05 22:59:25

Oh very fnaar at roll-a-joint!

I like daft names too. I was once taken to Goodwood, had a bet on all the races and lost them all, and for the last race I had picked the Happy Hooker but I was doing so badly I went with one called Attitude Adjuster (or thereabouts) because I thought that would help, so of course the Happy Hooker (a grey!) romped home at about 10-1.

Might as well stick a pin in the list really

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 23:03:17

And here we have Charlie Windsor coming up on the inside, seemingly on to a sure thing on this young filly, Blushing Virgin Bride.

Oh my Lord, and things are not quite what they seem, the young filly is coltish and skittish and not what the jockey was expecting.

He seems unable to control her.

Oh my Lord, the filly has bolted.

And here we are all these years later and who would have thought that Charlie would have been brave/stupid enough to get back in the saddle.

The word in the jockies enclosure is that if this one does not work out, one of them is for the knackers yard.

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 23:18:54

Thread Killer

Yehaw

That is two in two minutes.

expatinscotland Tue 05-Apr-05 23:20:18

Hmm. Horse race, horse-looking bride . . . coincidence? I think not.

GeorginaA Tue 05-Apr-05 23:21:53

marthamoo I am so with you on the not caring Is there an apathetic club? Not that I can be bothered to join...

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 23:30:29

Do you mean this ?? Only click here if you can be bothered

GeorginaA Tue 05-Apr-05 23:31:40

Oh gawd LGJ that seems like soooo much effort

Besides, technically, if you managed to start the thread, shouldn't you be expelled as club president?!!!!

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 23:36:30

Technically

I was running on a glass of wine, and if it had been real energy levels I wouldn't have and we would have no where to register the fact that we don't care. Oh hold on, if we don't care, why are we bothering........oh my head hurts this is getting tooooooooooooooooo grown up. I don't care I just don't care.

Slams door as she exits the room

Fimbo Tue 05-Apr-05 23:37:51

And, its caused upset for the "real" wedding of K & D - they don't know whether to edit out references to the Royal Wedding or not!!!!!

LGJ Tue 05-Apr-05 23:39:08

It is all becoming so surreal.............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now