Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else watching the Ch4 news? Re. sickening sidestepping by Mark Regev

(13 Posts)
MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 19:26:50

angry I am fuming - that man makes me furious! He's such an obnoxious, bullying, cocky so-and-so. Jon Snow was giving him a reasonably hard time over the mounting evidence for IDF use of WP and also weapons that fragment, and those containing 'fleshettes' - little steel darts designed to cause maximum flesh wounds.

And the man is still sticking to his line that Israel hasn't used any banned weapons! No, but they've used them in a way prohibited or outlawed by international law. With so much journalistic evidence mounting up in the form of eye witness reports, footage of the characteristic 'signatures' of the WP weapons, and actual fragments of the things themselves now being found, why on earth are they still trying to wiggle out of admitting it? Regev looked a complete fool.

I'm really enjoying the Obamafest, and it's not exactly minority interest news, but fear it's knocking the aftermath of Gaza off the top of the news...

Am going upstairs to do bath+bedtime and try to simmer down...

Piffle Thu 22-Jan-09 20:06:47

I leapt so high when myhusbandandobjectoflust jon snow hung up on that fuckfaced knob cheese I pulled my inter costals.
Am burning with hate at the mo.

Wonderstuff Thu 22-Jan-09 20:17:00

FFS just watching it on +1 fuckfaced knob doesn't come close to the wanker status that twat has. How does he sleep at night?

MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 20:41:24

Piffle - don't hold back, will you? grin T'was a great moment in the annals of Ch4 news! He is a truly repellent man.

Not sure he has any probs sleeping - he gives the impression of being quite at ease with himself. He's so self-satisfied and cocksure, I'm sure he never gets a moment of unease.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 22-Jan-09 20:44:13

Message withdrawn

MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 20:50:33

SGM - did you notice that when he was commentating from Washington, he couldn't display his trademark rainbow tie because it was too cold, but he had a lovely knitted rainbow scarf instead? grin

nettie Thu 22-Jan-09 20:54:03

not to dumd down the thread (didn't see ch4 news so can't comment)but did you see big fat quiz of the year with Claudia Winkleman and Davina discussing what they'd like to do to Jon Snow wink

nettie Thu 22-Jan-09 20:54:31

dumb down

MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 20:56:39

S'alright, I've already shifted my focus from the slapdown he gave Regev to his knitted accessories!

No, I didn't see that. So what did they want to do to/with him - was it something he'd have liked?

nettie Thu 22-Jan-09 20:58:12

I think the exact phrase was

They'd have him outside by the bins!

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 22-Jan-09 20:58:28

Message withdrawn

MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 21:00:48

Ahem. To get back to the topic, CH4 have the segment up on their website. Am rewatching in order to cackle. www.channel4.com/news/

MamaHobgoblin Thu 22-Jan-09 21:02:14

Nettie - ahahaaa! Excellent.

I'm not sure of my position re. Mr. Snow. I think I'd prefer a long and flirtatious dinner with him, perhaps with him flashing his stripey socks between courses...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now