Talk

Advanced search

Election should be called tomorrow - will you help to campaign?

(13 Posts)
fisil Sun 03-Apr-05 19:41:30

I've just signed up to help campaign.

I don't think it's because I care about the outcome of this election, though (because I don't), but because I hope to be giving birth around the 5th May, so I thought it might give me a good countdown to focus on. And as I'm a member, (sorry, no other reason), I've volunteered to help the Labour party, and I quite like the irony there!

Anyone else signed up to campaign - and why?

tiredemma Mon 04-Apr-05 10:57:29

nope, all the same- just wear different colours.

mummytosteven Mon 04-Apr-05 10:58:28

nope - but my good friend will be pleased as she works for Hansard transcribing the debates so she should get about a month paid off work whilst Parliament is dissolved

piffle Mon 04-Apr-05 11:17:06

Me and DS (11) are leafletting for our Lib Dems
Have always been a Labour voter, but Iraq and TB remaining as leader is why we are changing this year.
Golly Fisil, is it birth time for you so soon???? Gosh time has flown!!!!

fisil Mon 04-Apr-05 11:59:12

Just found out that our campaign organiser is also expecting a baby then - feel sorry for his partner if their baby decides to make an appearance before 5th May!

Davros Mon 04-Apr-05 18:17:46

NO!

happymerryberries Mon 04-Apr-05 18:20:07

Did it as a teenager, knocking on doors, canvassing, arranging cars to ferry the ill and old to the polls, even spent hours as a younger child making party rosettes and badges.

Bloody hard graft and you get a load of abuse, I will not be doing it this time round

Jimjams Tue 05-Apr-05 21:44:20

NO- although for some reason the Lib Dems seem to think I am and keep sending me posters to display and ways I can help them. Considering I'm not even going to vote for them -as long as bloody Evan harris (voted for him years ago grrr)- friend of MadDRFitzpatrick continues to be wheeled out on every MMR programme.

northerner Wed 06-Apr-05 11:19:34

Hi Fisil. I'm a fellow member of the labour party too. I'll be leafleting and number catching at the polling station. I get election fever every time. DRive my friends, family and colleagues mad

bossykate Wed 06-Apr-05 11:25:24

jimjams, you must have been in oxford during the 97 election? a friend of mine was the labour candidate in that constituency and i was one of her scrutineers at the count.

Jimjams Wed 06-Apr-05 21:03:20

97- no long gone by then BK (i'm so old!) - perhaps I voted for the previous il dem. Dh said it was him though

Davros Wed 06-Apr-05 22:27:08

Thought you meant Evan Davis Jimjams, the pointy head on Newsnight, was agog!! Urgh, mention of MadDrFitzpatrick has made me shudder.

fsmail Fri 08-Apr-05 22:17:43

I think it is important that we all vote and have written to all three parties to ask if they would present their family friendly issues on my website parlababy.com. This is a challenge. I will update daily so look forward to hearing from them. If anyone else has anything to add please let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now