Advanced search

Claim over £500 from the inland revenue if you have a child born between April 1986 and April 2003.

(80 Posts)
Goodomen Wed 14-Jan-09 12:01:52

Message withdrawn

Idrankthechristmasspirits Wed 14-Jan-09 12:05:57

any more info? i've not heard of this. smile

Goodomen Wed 14-Jan-09 12:10:40

The website has all the information. You just need to download an application form.

It seems too good to be true doesn't it?

mamadiva Wed 14-Jan-09 12:11:28

Do you knwo if you had to be under any certain circumstances?

I was born October 1986 and my brother was born 1995.

Goodomen Wed 14-Jan-09 12:21:43

mamadiva, I don't know any small print details; I have just looked at the website.

I imagine it would be your parents who would need to apply for you and your brother.

(I can't beleive you were born in 1986. I feel very old)envy

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 14-Jan-09 12:23:41

I have looked at the website because my mum should be entitled to this for my younger sister.

The claiment needs to have been working 16 hours or more and paying tax for all or some of 2000-2002 and the child they are claiming for has to have been living with them for all or part of 2000-2002.

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Wed 14-Jan-09 12:24:21

1986 - bloody hell I was just starting A-Levels then envy

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Wed 14-Jan-09 12:25:10

Actually - that's a lie... I started Uni in 1986.

BTW I applied for this just before Christmas but haven't heard anything yet.

Fimbo Wed 14-Jan-09 12:25:35

I left school in 1986! [old gimmer emoticon]

cheesesarnie Wed 14-Jan-09 12:26:37

we did this.hopefully dh posted it.worth filling in form.

harleyd Wed 14-Jan-09 12:27:07

i rang about this last week, the girl i was speaking to hadnt got a clue, but i downloaded the form and sent it off anyway
it was odd, the form said if there was more than one child, if was usual to claim for the youngest child. i had 2 born between this time, can i not claim for 2?

Aimsmum Wed 14-Jan-09 12:28:17

Message withdrawn

elliott Wed 14-Jan-09 12:29:29

well that's interesting. I hope I haven't already had it!

girlandboy Wed 14-Jan-09 12:30:05

Thanks for that Goodomen! Worth a go I think!!!!

mamadiva Wed 14-Jan-09 12:30:40

Goodomen LOL I knew I couldnt get it for me I was just thinking for my mum, she wasn't working in 2002 though and I moved out in 2002 too so she couldnt really get for me or my wee bro.

Oh well was worth a look.

MrsSanta Wed 14-Jan-09 12:33:22

i applied for mine in Nov and stil waiting 15,000 + applied so big backlog. Its an 11CTC form, not sure if that covers everyone though.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 14-Jan-09 12:34:15

No mamadiva they only have to have been working for part of that time and living with you for part of that time, so of your mum worked at all over those years its worth filling in the form.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 14-Jan-09 12:35:23

We heard about this; DH rang tax office ..said we could claim. Then he rang again and the next bloke said we couldn't. He filled in the form and sent it off - returned rejected. Don't really know the ins and outs, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

I also seem to remember that when we heard about this, the deadline was Dec31st...odd.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 14-Jan-09 12:36:31

Deadline has been changed to 31st January. Because so many people applied.

Flower3545 Wed 14-Jan-09 12:40:31

Would adoptive parents get this too??

Goodomen Wed 14-Jan-09 12:43:36

Flower, I don't know, but I would imagine so if you were looking after the child between April 02 and April 03.

cheesesarnie Wed 14-Jan-09 12:53:25

flower id say if you get tax credits for a child,youd get this.worth looking into.

RubberDuck Wed 14-Jan-09 12:55:50

That seems to be a third party website and is charging £94 out of the proceeds to "process" it. Anyone have a link direct to the actual government site which confirms this?

Feels a bit dodgy to me to charge almost £100 for processing when there may well be a simple way to claim direct without paying a penny.

VanillaPumpkin Wed 14-Jan-09 12:58:26

If you fill the form out (CTC11 I think) you can then just send it to your tax office for them to process. No need for the middle man at all.

lisalisa Wed 14-Jan-09 13:01:01

Can you apply for only one child or as many as You~ve had between these dates?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: