Talk

Advanced search

How old Gordy can slash £150m overnight

(12 Posts)
MrsGrouchoMarxMerryHenry Tue 13-Jan-09 20:43:34

here

In the short term, all he needs to do is cut off our precious tax pounds from the accounts of those blood-sucking leeches grin. Bingo instant savings!

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 13-Jan-09 20:45:26

Also what about not holding the olympics here? Surely we cannot afford it?

MrsGrouchoMarxMerryHenry Tue 13-Jan-09 20:57:04

Hey, DPB, how much would we save from that, then?

pocketmonster Tue 13-Jan-09 21:23:08

But they bring in more than that in tourism.

YaddaYaddaYadda Tue 13-Jan-09 21:28:51

So we cut their allowances and turn Buck House into a Big Brother house and flog the TV rights to the rest of the world and voila - lots of money to help with large hole in economy!

zenandtheartofbaking Tue 13-Jan-09 21:29:35

pocketmonster - Do all the tourists come just to mock us for hanging on to this weird anachronism? And paying so much to do so?

MrsGrouchoMarxMerryHenry Tue 13-Jan-09 21:55:54

Zen - they would if we created Big Bucker (as per Yadda)! Remember David Blaine's glass box? I rest my case!

zenandtheartofbaking Tue 13-Jan-09 22:03:55

Ah - I like that. And then they'd be laughing with us, not at us.

MrsGrouchoMarxMerryHenry Tue 13-Jan-09 22:34:22

What? I don't want them to enjoy themselves, I want them to suffer! (mwa hahahahahahaharrrr)

zenandtheartofbaking Tue 13-Jan-09 23:00:05

No, no! [horrified emoticon] the tourists will laugh with us ... .

No, no. I cringe with shame when our delightful Royal family humiliate us, their loyal subjects and wage-payers, by doing stuff like this.

A little humiliation of them is truly owing.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 13-Jan-09 23:01:25

cool. yes slash the royals budget.

let's not have an elected head of state though. we might get a george bush

MrsGrouchoMarxMerryHenry Tue 13-Jan-09 23:35:15

Oh! I thought you were referring to the Royals laughing with us, zen!! (I was rather confused, I must say!)

Phew!

God preserve us from George Bush. Actually, having said that, elections gave us a Tony Blair and that wasn't anything to laugh about. What's a new democracy to do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now