Talk

Advanced search

What do you think about celebs looking brilliant days after giving birth?

(5 Posts)
edam Mon 28-Mar-05 18:48:32

Apparently the papers are full of pics of Victoria Beckham looking amazing today. I've got to go on a radio station and spout about pressure on new mums to get back in shape etc. etc. (being a talking head is occasionally part of my day job). Happy to do that, but thought I'd ask you guys for your opinions. I was going to say something about how depressing it is that some celebs feel the need to hide away for months until they can emerge, looking like their pre-pregnancy selves. And that the rest of us, who can't afford personal trainers and dietitians, feel we've achieved something if we manage to get dressed when we are coping with a newborn, let alone looking fit for the paparazzi!

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 18:49:59

Reply here , duplicate thread

aloha Mon 28-Mar-05 18:53:09

It is depressing - I don't mind Posh so much, she didn't have any pregnancy weight to shed after all, but I do find it depressing when someone gains weight like I do (Hurley, Zeta-Jones) but loses it all in seconds. I find this equally fed-up making when real life people do it though - I have some friends with this natural ability that makes me . I actually pity Liz H a bit though. A gorgeous new baby, perhaps the only one you will ever have, and instead of cuddling, you are on a bloody stairmaster with a sadistic personal trainer, eating four raisins a day, while a maternity nurse plays with your baby. I am mostly wearing giant clothes from Primark atm - but my baby knows who I am!

TinyGang Mon 28-Mar-05 18:58:43

They would look like us too(ie human) if they didn't have so much backup.

Anyway, I'm all for looking your best, but at certain times, it seems a bit self obsessed to be quite so flawless. I like the way new mums look dishevelled (ok tired!), but glowing, triumphant and pre-occupied. It shows they've been through a lot to achieve a great thing. It's not normal to look like you just stepped out of a salon

edam Mon 28-Mar-05 18:59:43

Don't know how that got duplicated but we are struggling without broadband at the moment and dial up is cr*p.
Snap soupy.
And ta for the giggle Aloha – everyone tells me how fab Primark is, feel v. left out that there isn't one near me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now