loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is wrong with some people

(21 Posts)
scifinerd Wed 31-Dec-08 00:15:21

It is the bit about the baby's bottle that made me want to cry. in the news

thisisyesterday Wed 31-Dec-08 00:16:34

i hope that people are watching over that child, that's all i can say.

MatNanPlusAbroad Wed 31-Dec-08 00:16:50

Yes and i bet that little mite is still with them, makes other stories/threads on here question the authorities in mine and DH views.

skramblenotdieting Wed 31-Dec-08 00:16:52

They probably still don't get what the problem is.

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Wed 31-Dec-08 00:20:16

read that earlier, thankgoodness the a Landlord took some action which ultimately led to them being arrested.

Ronaldinhio Wed 31-Dec-08 00:22:17

bloody hell..talk about a picture telling a story

sallystrawberry Wed 31-Dec-08 00:23:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ronaldinhio Wed 31-Dec-08 00:27:13

excellent post sally

BlackLetterDay Wed 31-Dec-08 01:07:46

God thats awful, happened near me too, I got on a bus one evening and the bus driver was telling us about a couple who had got on the bus on the way there with an older child around 8 and a child in a pushchair, they were both so drunk they were falling all over, the woman even fell off the bus when they got off.

As we were going back down the road we saw the woman with the pushchair being questioned by police, the bus driver stopped and gave his version of events. So he obviously hadn't called the police in the first place hmm.

sherby Wed 31-Dec-08 01:38:24

Why doesn't it say if the child is still with them

Poor poor child, a filthy bottle and sour milk ffs

tumpyfairygodmother Wed 31-Dec-08 09:55:54

made me cry that story. What is the matter with people - in what planet do they think that behaviour is acceptable. I hope that child is not with them anymore or is being watched carefully if he is.

dietstartstomorrow Wed 31-Dec-08 09:58:09

what is wrong with people - you just CAN'T do that FFS.

herbietea Wed 31-Dec-08 09:59:41

Message withdrawn

lisad123 Wed 31-Dec-08 10:01:09

sod the drunk charge, hit them with child neglect that is terrible! poor baby

whomovedmychocolate Wed 31-Dec-08 10:01:52

In some senses though, at least they were stupid enough to alert people to their stupidity. I bet there are hundreds of parents leaving their babies at home alone or with a responsible (slightly) older sibling while they go out on the piss. angry sad

3littlefrogs Wed 31-Dec-08 10:05:17

But what action has been taken to actually protect that poor child? Could a reasonable person really think that that poor little soul should be left with those parents?

He may or may not go on the at risk register, there will be case conferences, masses of paperwork and electronic records, lots of visits by social workers, will any of that make any difference to his quality of life? I suspect not. sad

ahfeckit Fri 02-Jan-09 18:49:00

people like this shouldn't be having kids...if they want to get pi**ed all the time without kids fair do's, but to have kids coming along with them on their binge session is just plain wrong.
poor kid.

BlueSapphire77 Fri 02-Jan-09 18:56:28

Social services will hopefully have been alerted.
A disgusting example of so-called parenting.
The pair of them should have their reproductive capabilities removed.

CrushWithEyeliner Fri 02-Jan-09 19:01:05

agree with skaramble - they probably still don't know what they have done is horribly wrong.

There are wonderful people desperate for children, it just isn't fair that these subhumans have the privilege of life in their care.

mrstimlovejoy Fri 02-Jan-09 19:20:44

the dad looks like a great role model for the poor little mite.i can't believe some parents.feel so sorry for the poor child.

TwoIfBySea Fri 02-Jan-09 20:12:10

Considering the horror story that haunted us toward the end of last year I hope the baby has been removed from this odious pair forever.

It does make me feel angry enough to suggest the extreme of giving these people implants to prevent children being born and then abused. Implants rather than complete sterilisation to give them a chance to reform their character.

Drink; from someone once married to the child of alcoholics I know it ruins lives for generations and from Sally's excellent link, for centuries too.

Bad parenting is not a new invention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now