Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you could vote, and would vote for McCain, dare you admit it here? and say why?

(73 Posts)
lingle Mon 03-Nov-08 18:36:43

Anyone?

ilovemydogOBAMAFORPRESIDENT Mon 03-Nov-08 18:38:13

I can vote. And did.

No, wouldn't vote for McCain....

Callisto Mon 03-Nov-08 18:45:34

I wouldn't vote McCain, but if I was going to I would admit it. But then I admit to being a Tory voter too...

lingle Mon 03-Nov-08 18:46:52

no-one in the first ten minutes then....

pickie Mon 03-Nov-08 18:47:41

I couldnt and wouldnt....

SuperBunny Mon 03-Nov-08 18:49:22

No-one will admit to voting for Bush. Yet someone did...

Piffle Mon 03-Nov-08 18:49:52

I'm praying everyone voting in the us is the same... It seems Obama is going to get in but I do not trust that system of colourful vote counting they use under stress sometimes...

AbricotsSecs Mon 03-Nov-08 18:49:53

Message withdrawn

SuperBunny Mon 03-Nov-08 18:54:52

I don't trust it either, Piffle. I am very worried. People here will be furious if he doesn't get in.

Wow, Hoochie. That's the first person I've ever known to admit it. I have some Texan friends who I suspect did but they always go quiet when talking about politics.

dittany Mon 03-Nov-08 19:01:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AtheneNoctua Mon 03-Nov-08 19:14:13

Welll I'm not chicken. Here goes. I can (and did) vote for McCain. I also voted for Bush... twice.

Go on then, burn me at the stake.

MrsMattie Mon 03-Nov-08 19:15:14

We won't burn you at the stake, Athene. That's more your lot's style grin

ilovemydogOBAMAFORPRESIDENT Mon 03-Nov-08 19:16:14

Dittany, there will always be disaffected Democrats and disaffected republicans... I think it may be easier in the US to cross party lines both ways...

dittany Mon 03-Nov-08 19:17:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AtheneNoctua Mon 03-Nov-08 19:17:34

Actually, you know what? I had an ancestor who was burned at the stake... here in Englans by Queen Mary for writing a proddy bible. Now, does that count as your lot or mine? smile

CoteDAzur Mon 03-Nov-08 19:18:43

Athene - How and why did you vote for Bush the second time, when his inadequacy was so obvious?

I am genuinely curious.

AtheneNoctua Mon 03-Nov-08 19:22:04

It's very simple actually. I believe in core Republican values: small government and power to the people. So I vote Republican.

Bush wasn't perfect. I disagree with some of his views. Separation of church and state for starters. And "We're gonna get those folks". I mean who the F*ck let him say that in public????? Bloody Texans!

MrsMattie Mon 03-Nov-08 19:24:02

Hmmm. My ancestors were Irish, so I'd say definitely not my lot grin.

I always find people who voted for Bush once interesting. Twice? Now that's a real curiosity.

bamboostalks Mon 03-Nov-08 19:24:36

After the whole invasion of Iraq, how could you vote for such an inadequate and clearly stupid person?

AtheneNoctua Mon 03-Nov-08 19:25:12

Oh, and stem cell research. That was a stupid thing to do.

mabanana Mon 03-Nov-08 19:26:39

A vote for Bush was a vote for torture. But hey, if you can't face holding someone under water until they think they are dying, or beating them to death in cellar, why not vote for someone to do it for you, eh?

ilovemydogOBAMAFORPRESIDENT Mon 03-Nov-08 19:26:45

Athene, I can understand the small government argument. I don't agree with it, but respect it.

So, how can you say it's a small government that bails out Wall Street? hmm

Separation of Church and State is a Constitutional issue, not a Presidential one.

CoteDAzur Mon 03-Nov-08 19:28:19

What has Bush done that you liked so much that you elected him again?

Surely you can't just vote Republican every time without a thought to the actual President in charge.

Talking about who might be in charge - If McCain dies in the next couple of years and Palin gets to be President, will you be happy to have voted for them?

MrsMattie Mon 03-Nov-08 19:28:52

The thing is...Bush is a real thicko. Nothing else really seems relevant when you consider that fact.

AtheneNoctua Mon 03-Nov-08 19:29:04

Because I think invading Iraq was the right thing to do. I thought it then I still think it now. I don't think it was a good thing to do. Some of the consequences (dead people) are indeed very bad. But, leaving Sadaam in power was worse. So, I see the invasion as the lesser of two evils.

I am not stupid. I am not a religeous nut. I'm just an average hard working citizen. And am typing this here because people on mumsnet seem to think you have to be a nutter to vote republican. And that is not so. I'm not ashamed of my views. I am ahappy to air there here for those who genuinely want to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now