Talk

Advanced search

fucking government by daily mail

(321 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Thu 30-Oct-08 22:02:45

is all i have to say about the ross brand thing.

i'm disgusted really.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 30-Oct-08 22:05:28

andrew sachs approved the show. as long as it was toned down a bit.

his granddaughter is represented by max clifford. she is in a group called the satanic sluts.

give me strength.

this is absolutely nuts.

and any of you who think otherwise are a bit thick.

there you are.

unknownrebelbang Thu 30-Oct-08 22:06:19

I'm obviously a bit thick.

hmm

But then I know my weaknesses.

Spiderhammer Thu 30-Oct-08 22:09:04

Soph far be it from me to disagree but I do.

Her creative outlet and its sexual influences has absolutely nothing to do with this. Actually, as it goes, Georgina and Andrew have very little to with this.

In fact this is about the BBC, it's reliationship to the public, the public's perceived lack of say over what the licence fee is spent on, the monster egos which have been created by the BBC which it has been too cowardly to stand up to. A general loss of moral boundaries, taste and standards. Nasty, unpleasant bully-like behaviour being passed off as comedy, and the licence fee.
To name but a few.

RedLollyYellowLolly Thu 30-Oct-08 22:11:06

I knew what this would be about.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 30-Oct-08 22:11:17

this is about nothing other than PR for GB.

and daily mail frenzy.

kerrist, JR and RB make a living out of sailing close to the wind. andrew sachs made a living out of taking the piss out of the spanish but somehow has ended up canonised.

idiocy that the controller has been sacked.

RedLollyYellowLolly Thu 30-Oct-08 22:11:30

Agree with the OP that is smile

nancy75 Thu 30-Oct-08 22:13:21

sophable i am with you on this. how many complaints came from people that heard the show? in single figures i would imagine. and if the daily mail and all the other papers are so concerned about the upset caused to andrew sachs why do they keep printing exactly what was said. ok hearing it once on the answaphone was probably crap, surely reading it everyday for a week in every paper in worse.

jesuswhatnext Thu 30-Oct-08 22:26:31

soph - am with you all the way, what really bugs me are the amount of dm readers who had to watch the youtube link to make absolutly sure they were offended - not a one of them actually listened to the airing of the programme. angry

(personally, am not v.keen on jr, too juvenile for me, just hate being dictated to by a bunch of bloody facists!)

mabanana Thu 30-Oct-08 22:28:28

Oh, not he utterly moronic line about 'well they didn't hear it at the time'. It's so idiotic. I have no idea why I give to Save The Children, Amnesty and torture charities. After all, none of it happens in my front room hmm

mabanana Thu 30-Oct-08 22:29:38

The idea that the whole thing was orchestrated by Georgina Baille is so so stupid I don't know where to start.

jesuswhatnext Thu 30-Oct-08 22:41:16

no, i don't think it was orchestrated by gb, she had kept her private life private up to now as far as i know, i also think rb and jr are moronic (why any self respecting woman would cosy up either is beyond me), what i really can't bear are the dm mob who are such sheep there does not appear to be an original thought amoungst them.
(unfortunatly i have to include my own df in that he told me it was 'disgusting that those barstards should accuse andrew sachs of sleeping with his own granddaughter')

i would love to do a poll of dm readers to find out which of them actually understood the story right. especially in light of the fact that so few of them would have been listening to the original programme hmm

smallwhitecat Fri 31-Oct-08 09:57:09

Message withdrawn

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 31-Oct-08 09:58:41

sophable you're going to be needing that brick wall again. Give me a shout when you want it

Miyazaki Fri 31-Oct-08 10:02:05

sophable dear god I agree.

morningpaper Fri 31-Oct-08 10:04:27

oooh you are going to get told off for another thread sophable

you were GREAT last night

I was thinking that the MOST misogynistic comedian on the Beeb is currently (IMO) Stephen Fry. I really REALLY dislike his playing up his physical revulsion for women's bodies. I know it is a 'gay joke' but it also ISN'T... there is something very nasty about it. I have a lot of respect for him and love his work but this does make me uncomfortable, much more uncomfortable than the Carry-On type humour of Brand/JR.

I also personally hate the sacha ben cohen act of travelling across the world to find thick forrin people to laugh at. I think it's hideous.

BUT that's the whole point of this furore - not everyone agrees about what is funny!

It's just a shame that people don't ALSO agree that banning certain comedy is a Very Bad Idea.

morningpaper Fri 31-Oct-08 10:06:30

today's Daily Mail front page is particularly grim BTW - they are soooo happy about this

wintera Fri 31-Oct-08 10:11:48

I won't buy the Daily Mail (perish the thought!!) but just seen something about it on the Wright stuff and they seem to going to town on comedy like Mock the week, Mitchell and Webb etc so are they on full on Witch hunt mode now then? They've had a bit of success and its gone to their heads apparently!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 31-Oct-08 10:13:58

So what are we allowed to laugh at? Or do we just all have to be very serious and tasteful all the time?

twinsetandpearls Fri 31-Oct-08 10:15:21

I think if we got rid of the daily mail this country would be much happier. I was out having lunch yesterday listening to a daily mail rant that ended with I really dont know why people hate the daily mail. His rant had a go at women, ethnic minorities, immigrants, the french and the working class.

HelloBeastie Fri 31-Oct-08 10:15:44

Oh, MP, now I'm going to have to check the Mail website to see their front page, and that'll be my blood pressure through the roof till lunch....

ForeverOptimistic Fri 31-Oct-08 10:16:13

I agree with you about GB and the BBC. However I really dislike your aggressive tone. Calling people thick because they don't share your opinion is umm a bit thick really. hmm

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 31-Oct-08 10:16:54

Th DM causes all sorts of problems between me and MIL. She quotes it very seriously as fact and as the way people think, and I find myself grimacing and trying not to choke.

ssummers Fri 31-Oct-08 10:18:35

soph - I agree with every work that you say. full stop.

morningpaper Fri 31-Oct-08 10:18:49

I don't think that the Mailwatch has a copy of their front page yet but it was basically a giant photo of Littlejohn saying "A BIG VICTORY OVER THOSE POOFS AT THE BEEB" or something similar

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: