Advanced search

Jonathan Ross Suspended

(30 Posts)
watsthestory Thu 30-Oct-08 18:54:35

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Thu 30-Oct-08 18:56:12

Message withdrawn

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Thu 30-Oct-08 18:58:13

Right so who do I have to suffer on Saturday morning then? I like JR's Sat morning show. And I have to listen to it as I'm stuck in the car.

CatIsSleepy Thu 30-Oct-08 18:59:18

ok
will that be the end of the media furore then?
<fat chance emoticon>

morningpaper Thu 30-Oct-08 18:59:52

His Sat morning show is GREAT

SoupDragon Thu 30-Oct-08 19:00:07

Who gives a f*&$?

GoodGravytrain Thu 30-Oct-08 19:01:37

what exactly did they do though? I missed it all.

SoupDragon Thu 30-Oct-08 19:08:07

Have they suspended the tw*t that let it go to air?

needmorecoffee Thu 30-Oct-08 19:17:31

12 weeks without pay when he's on £6 million. I don't think he'll notice!

purpleduck Thu 30-Oct-08 19:18:35

Does that include his TV show???

unknownrebelbang Thu 30-Oct-08 19:23:25

Oooh, he could do all the organising for Christmas!

Saturn74 Thu 30-Oct-08 19:23:31

I suppose this means that the BBC will be showing re-runs of 'Children in Need' tomorrow night instead.
sad

purpleduck Thu 30-Oct-08 19:23:45

Oh, just looked

I think the BBC are SOOO hypocritical to suspend him

They have made shedloads off Jonathan because he is often very on the edge.

If they hire someone like him, and someone like Russel Brand who are rude and risque, then they should take it upon themselves to censor him more.

They were just being who they are.

lou33 Thu 30-Oct-08 19:26:39

the controller of R2 has quit as well, i think i heard

dittany Thu 30-Oct-08 19:29:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Thu 30-Oct-08 19:31:49

big deal.

as if he's such a loss.

he's a tosspot.

should have been sacked.

scampadoodle Thu 30-Oct-08 19:33:55

Only thing is, it means we have to suffer Mark bloody Lamarr on a Saurday morning...

WideWebWitch Thu 30-Oct-08 19:35:33

Oh I like his Sat show too although I mostly forget to listen.

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 30-Oct-08 19:35:51

What about the person who's decision it was to broadcast the programme? It was a pre-recorded segment, someone decided that it would go out. After all, the BBC pay them and to that end control them, someone has to be ultimately responsible for what is aired or do we give presenters god like controller powers now?

It's not even an interesting story!

expatinscotland Thu 30-Oct-08 19:36:32

producer resigned, Lazy.

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 30-Oct-08 19:36:56

Ahh right, lou. There we go then.

Is this one of those Life Of Brian stories where we discover that 90% of the people who complained haven't even witnessed the thing?

Niecie Thu 30-Oct-08 19:38:02

Blown out of all proportion.

I don't mind JR, listen to the radio show and watch the programme. He makes me cringe sometimes but it wasn't his radio show that was the problem nor was he the editor.

Didn't he and RB say in the Youtube thing that they thought it would have to be edited? So why wasn't it?

And what happens to Film 08? That isn't edgy comedy - JR appears genuinely knowledgeable about films and doesn't do anything to shock and offend and yet I presume that is still off air.

Three months seems a bit much.

KimiTrickOrTreat Thu 30-Oct-08 19:42:40

When there is so much going on it the world that really matters I am fed up with miles and miles of newspaper and tv space being taken up with this.
It was childish, it was unfair to do this to her grandfather but she's not miss snow white is she, get over it, move on and if you want people to respect you DON'T bloody have photos of you in the paper dressed in your flipping bra!!!

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 30-Oct-08 19:50:14

Front page of nearly all the papers today, only The Times seemed to be able to control themselves, even the Inde-fucking-pendent gave it a full page, front page spread! What bullshit, do people really care about this?

morningpaper Thu 30-Oct-08 19:53:58

> How have the BBC made shedloads off Jonathan Ross? The BBC is funded by the licence payer. What income does he bring in purpleduck?

The BBC make money (partly) from selling on shows to other countries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now