More evidence that George Osborne is a twat

(12 Posts)
sophy Thu 23-Oct-08 14:08:07

In today's Guardian:

here

filz Thu 23-Oct-08 14:09:51

someone buy her a drink, jeez

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Thu 23-Oct-08 14:12:37

I read this earlier. She is getting her knickers in a twist over very little, really.

I mean, it is a pier. It is where you're meant to get off boats.

If he hadn't been a politician, it would not be in the slightest bit interesting.

In fact, it still isn't.

LittleMyDancingWithTheDevil Thu 23-Oct-08 14:13:06

'Man in pier/boat shocker' grin

filz Thu 23-Oct-08 14:13:43

she should have been watching her children[wink

or better still, she should have hired a nanny

zippitippitoes Thu 23-Oct-08 14:16:01

what is she on

i agree with him to be honest boat pier

she sounds arrogant and up herself in this instance

and why do they print this stuff

SqueakyPop Thu 23-Oct-08 14:16:46

I like the bit about the being able to tell they were English by their smart dress. Italian, maybe - but English aren't renowned for smart holiday clothes.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 23-Oct-08 14:22:33

In England you probably wouldn't be allowed to play on and fish off a working boat pier - there's something very Greek about this smile

mayorquimby Thu 23-Oct-08 18:52:03

she sounds more arrogant with her reverse snobbery than him using a boat for a pier.i mean of course he was wearing deck shoes on a boat.and of course he didn't intend to get them wet,you use a boat to go on water thus avoiding getting wet.otherwise you'd just be swimming/sinking in a very poorly designed boat.

singingtree Thu 23-Oct-08 18:53:31

I glanced at that and assumed it was satire. I loathe Osborne, but she is being ridiculous.

LittleBellaLugosi Thu 23-Oct-08 18:55:30

I'm surprised that they allow motor boats and swimmers in the same waters still.

Kirsty McColl's death obviously wasn't high-profile enough for anyone to feel this might be an issue.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Thu 23-Oct-08 18:55:31

" He said it loudly, angrily, without looking at any of those whose afternoon he had spoiled."

Gosh it doesn't take much to spoil her afternoon does it? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now