Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not sure how this issue has passed me by...........

(18 Posts)
FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 05:44:40

plight of the Chagossians

I had no idea of this issue at all. Very sad for them.

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 05:55:30

more details on this saga \link{http://www.letthemreturn.com/here} can't believe how/why they were evicted.

scrappydappydoo Wed 22-Oct-08 07:51:35

I know - I've met a number of people from their community. There was a lot of hooha when they first arrived in the UK with accusations of them trying to scrounge the system hmm but the vast majority are hard working, lovely people who just want to go back to their homeland. It makes you wonder about a lot of hidden unjustice in the world.

southeastastra Wed 22-Oct-08 08:20:29

just heard about them on the news. hope they can go home

dilemma456 Wed 22-Oct-08 22:31:14

Message withdrawn

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 22:38:54

my 2nd post also has some excellent info on it - but I screwed the link - try again

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 22:40:04

it is said that the US has one of their secret prisons on diego garcia.

there is a surface station for GPS there.

they are just another group of people that has been shafted by the british establishment.

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 22:42:14

oh no - I just did a search on BBC to find out what happened with the ruling - the House of Lord said no

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 22:44:56

oh come on FAQ, you didnt think it would be anything else did you?

it has nowt to do with impartial justice - they are just going along with the policy, which is to let the yanks have the islands.

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 22:46:17

I know, I didn't - but I'm feeling all emotional and weedy tonight blush (if you note the time of my OP on this thread - I had already been awake for 3hrs)

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 22:49:21

go to bed girl!

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 22:51:23

no - or else I'll be up at silly hour in the morning again - I'm now no longer as exhausted as I was just before the DS's went to bed - I've got through that exhaustion stage.....which means that I won't have much more than 5/6hrs sleep.

'tis a bugger - but life

edam Wed 22-Oct-08 22:51:48

Oh, that's shameful. Bloody law lords and bloody government. FFS, the Empire has been dead for 50 years, how can they claim the UK government has the right to treat people like serfs?

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 22:52:45

the winds of change may have blown through africa, they didnt blow through the british establishment.

edam Wed 22-Oct-08 22:54:01

Or the Yanks - who are every bit as bullying as the British Empire. Didn't they get extract Diego Garcia as part of the price they charged us for them turning up two years late to WW2?

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 22:54:16

faq -are you worrying too much?
was chatting just the other day to another single mum about relentless responsibility and being head of the household.

FAQ Wed 22-Oct-08 22:57:59

night - yes I am a bit - but then I've got a lot going on (ps sorry for thread hijack.....well it is my thread I suppose so I guess I can get away with it) - think last night was due to getting too cozy on the sofa after having a coffee and falling asleep at 9.30 - DS1 woke me up (was hiding under the dining room table shock) and by the time I'd got him sorted and back into bed I was wide awake and my body was saying "you've had your 5-6hrs so you're not going back to sleep" (despite my head telling me it was 2.30 in the flipping morning lol).

Nighbynight Wed 22-Oct-08 23:14:51

know the feeling

you must stop worrying about things

pot calling kettle black
am off to bed now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now