Talk

Advanced search

Oh how *fucking * brave

(24 Posts)
Blandmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:17:37

to shoot and kill an unarmed women

here

Their excuse, she was teaching Christianity. Oh that makes it all OK then?

Spineless fucking bastards

DANCESwithLordPsGhost Mon 20-Oct-08 18:22:41

Couldn't agree more. They have done so much for their cause hmm

roisin Mon 20-Oct-08 18:27:48

it's shocking isn't it?

TwoIfByScream Mon 20-Oct-08 18:30:24

Shocking but not surprising.

Reallytired Mon 20-Oct-08 18:31:07

From the clip that was on MB link there is no evidence she was a christian missionary. The poor woman was just helping people with disablites. Its not clear whether she happened to be a christian or not.

sallystrawberry Mon 20-Oct-08 18:31:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LynetteScavo Mon 20-Oct-08 18:31:57

Awful.

It does make me wonder though whether religion should be kept out of aid work.

I'm sure there are lots of people who would strongly disagree to that though.

FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 18:37:47

LS - I don't think it would make a difference - if you read to the bottom of that article is says 3 other female aid workers that were killed because they were "foreign spies" - I think the people that carry out these attacks will use any excuse sad

Blandmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:41:24

That is why I said 'Their excuse'

she wasn't a missionary, she was doing charity work.

and even if she was doing missionary work, why the fuck did she deserve to be shot?

the reason they killed her was that she was trying to make people's lives better. and if their lives improve their power base will fall away.

So keep the people poor and ignorant eh?

dizzywitches Mon 20-Oct-08 18:42:53

sad what a terrible waste

Lemontart Mon 20-Oct-08 18:45:46

I agree FAQ. I wonder if it is because she was an easy target and they knew it would get a huge Western "shock" factor - innocent female aid worker managing a community project being funded by a Christian organisation. Ticks quite a few boxes all in one go there sad
Whatever their motivation for killing this innocent woman, it is just awful and my heart goes out in sympathy and outrage to her friends, family and colleagues still out there. It is just so heartbreakingly sad sad

Eunicewonderstuff Mon 20-Oct-08 18:49:02

There is no need to swear in the thread title is there.

Blandmum Mon 20-Oct-08 18:51:40

I am angry at a brutal murder.

But thank you for correcting my language. I will write out, 'I must not swear 10 times'

hmm

People swear on MN

edam Mon 20-Oct-08 18:52:46

The taleban are conducting a war against women. Evil fuckers.

NorthernLurker Mon 20-Oct-08 18:59:19

Good grief Eunice - a woman is cut down in the street simply because she wanted to help others and so put herself out to go where that help was needed - and the thing that you want to comment on is swearing in a thread title? hmm

littlelapin Mon 20-Oct-08 19:06:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CountessDracula Mon 20-Oct-08 19:08:07

how prudish

theSuburbanDryad Mon 20-Oct-08 19:08:37

How awful. sad My thoughts are with her friends and family.

Agree with the fact that the Taleban want to keep the "people" poor and ignorant so they don't start a revolution. Has anyone read The Kite Runners? It's a fantastic book, very insightful IMO.

Eunicewonderstuff Mon 20-Oct-08 19:18:55

I apologise. I did not read the thread before I posted, just the title. I was kicking myself as I had an 8 year old sniffing around who asked me why I had "fucking" on my laptop screen.

My mistake.

Cunt, piss flaps and big wanky bollocks. I am a prude but not when it comes to swearing.

CountessDracula Mon 20-Oct-08 19:20:14

omg
my 6yo has just asked me what big wanky bollocks are shock

NorthernLurker Mon 20-Oct-08 19:22:47

Ok ladies the lesson here - is be so nasty to your children that they don't even venture into the room when you are working (ha ha) on the computer. That's what I do grin

Eunicewonderstuff Mon 20-Oct-08 20:07:47

point taken grin

KristinaM Mon 20-Oct-08 20:12:20

i know someone who used to work for an aid agency in afganistan. she assures me that no one can " preach " Christianity in that country for fear of their life.even if people ask you about your beliefs you have to be very careful what you say.

this is just an excuse to kill westerners shock

MaryBS Mon 20-Oct-08 20:16:35

Wow, what an amazing woman, words escape me for what has happened to her. Her faith was surely such that she must have realised this was likely to happen, but she still went ahead. God take her to Him.

I won't swear on the keyboard, but I have the words in my head for the monsters that did this to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now