Talk

Advanced search

Scary People With An American Vote

(18 Posts)
TwoIfByScream Thu 16-Oct-08 13:18:04

OMFG is all I could think when I saw this little gem.

Be aware: one of these fine, upstanding people hmm uses a word I never thought I'd hear used that way in these times. Be also aware that you will wish to reach in and give these people a good shake to rattle some sense into their brains. (Fair enough you don't want to vote for someone but to show how ignorant you are...unbelievable.)

Sorry Expat I know these are your countrymen/women but seriously, I can see why you would leave.

Liffey Thu 16-Oct-08 13:20:35

Oh God. Scary.

IncontinentiaButtox Thu 16-Oct-08 13:48:36

That's soundbite politics for you.

Nagapie Thu 16-Oct-08 13:54:00

A nice unbaised report From Aljazeera television - hmm

ByTheSea Thu 16-Oct-08 13:55:18

As an American living long-term in the UK (and my accent, though fairly generic, gives me away) I feel that if Obama doesn't win, I'll be sporting a maple leaf cap. Those people are so ignorant and bring shame on the country.

expatinscotland Thu 16-Oct-08 13:55:22

Sorry for what? You think there aren't people who are just as bad here? If not worse? BNP (or similar), white supremicists, football hooligans, gangs, gun violence, alcohol fuelled violence they're hardly unique to one place.

There are nearly 400m people there.

That's a whole lot of folks, many of whom can vote.

YouTube's not exactly a paragon of truth or a news broadcasting function.

expatinscotland Thu 16-Oct-08 13:57:20

I did vote for Obama, FWIW.

But more than anything, it's important that all who can vote. Vital, even.

I've worked in the past to get people who are eligible registered and will continue to do so in this country, where I am also a citizen, as well.

mayorquimby Thu 16-Oct-08 14:19:41

you could do exactly the same with obama supporters though.
the amount of ignorant racist black americans there are in america is incredible who think nothing of using terms like honky and white devil.and who will vote for obama based on nothing more than the fact that he is black.in fact such casual racism is even tolerated in main stream media through a lot of comedians/actors/rappers.

this is not to say that i support mccain or the republicans (i'm not even american so it doesn't matter ither way.)
just that there are absolute morons on both sides of the spectrum and these morons will be happy to talk drivel in front of a camera.for some reason however it is more shocking to hear a middle aged white person say nigger and that he won't vote for obama because he's black and may be anti-white than it is to hear a young black person saying the word honkey/cracker and that he's going to vote for obama because he's black and will help black neighbour hoods while mccain may be pro-white.

just remember kanye wests moronic "george bush hates black people" rant.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 16-Oct-08 16:33:55

The ironic thing is of course that Obama is mixed race.

IncontinentiaButtox Thu 16-Oct-08 17:17:46

agree with mayorquimby, this kind of lowest common denominator moronism is found whether they're riding donkeys or elephants. The politicians throw out a snippet of something and it sticks in the noggin of those who don't want to do too much thinking. So you get dummies running with the 'Obama is a muslim terrorist' rubbish, and 'Sarah Palin is going to abolish evolution in schools' blah blah blah. A lot of people just don't bother actually reading beyond a headline.

pramspotter Thu 16-Oct-08 23:02:53

They will have edited out any comments from intelligent people. I have spent many years in the USA and never met anyone so ignorant over there. But then I wasn't in a red neck area.

I don't think this video is for real. If it is, it must have been shot in a seriously small backward area that is cut off from all of civilization.

AtheneNoctua Fri 17-Oct-08 09:37:31

What an ill intentioned thread.

I never can understand where the British media finds all those stupid Americans which they portray as the norm. Who are thes people? And of course, as Expat has already pointed out, You Tube is not exactly a credible news source.

I'm sure the UK has citizens of comparable ignorance. (although I must admitn I haven't seen the clip because my work firewall blocks access to you tube).

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 17-Oct-08 09:41:50

What expat said

UnquietDad Fri 17-Oct-08 14:38:46

YouTube just hosts other stuff - it's not a "source" in itself. This is a of to an Al-Jazeera report.

SharpMolarBear Fri 17-Oct-08 14:53:16

that was from aljazeera!!!

UnquietDad Fri 17-Oct-08 15:09:11

My grammar appears to have exploded in my last post. Yes, it was a link to an Al-Jazeera report.

TwoIfByScream Fri 17-Oct-08 20:53:16

It wasn't meant to be ill intentioned AtheneNoctua hmm. Sometimes it is just not worth sharing anything if people are going to get their knickers in such a twist over things. So what if it came from Al-Jazeera originally.

And I was apologising to expat simply because I didn't want her to think I was imagining these kind of people are an example of the majority. Sheesh.

mayorquimby Tue 21-Oct-08 14:22:24

cofcc.org/

just for balance to show that biased reporting can paint both sides in a horrible light.
the link is to a pro-white site that is reporting some shocking behaviour of some obama supporters towards white mccain supporters.
as i said earlier in this thread i do not support mccain,this is just an effort to show how irrelevant the link in the op was to most mccain supporters in the same way the link i hve posted is irrelevant to most obama supporters.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: