Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh my. How did such a sleazeball get to be so highly rewarded??

(10 Posts)
Freckle Mon 13-Oct-08 06:55:29

Unbelievable. Double salary and a peerage for a cheat and a liar. What is this government thinking of??

Callisto Mon 13-Oct-08 08:04:55

And the politicians wonder why we're all so cynical and don't bother voting. The size of his salary seems rather insensitive considering the current climate.

onager Mon 13-Oct-08 08:11:26

It's sick, but it's not just for him. They make all these rules to reward each other.

I imagine they have a good laugh when they sign the papers bringing in "preferential tax rates for EU officials." and so on.

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 13-Oct-08 08:14:19

I don't care about his personal life. But he is crap at his job and it is OUTRAGEOUS that, in the current economic climate, just when we are being FORCED to bail out the greedy banks so they can lend us our OWN money and charge us for doing so while giving themselves huge salaries hmm, AND our own money is not going as far anyway....hmm, where was I? Oh yes, it's outrageous that so much public money is being used to keep this man in a manner most of us can never hope for, in GB's attempt to save his skin.

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 13-Oct-08 08:19:03

What is most sickening is that they are doing nothing 'wrong' (illegal), the system is set up this way. angry He is ENTITLED to 2 sets of disgustingly high pay for doing feck all. angry

if the man had any honour whatsoever he would decline the money because of the current financial situation.

but he won't.

Freckle Mon 13-Oct-08 09:07:42

Exactly. Well all know that politicians look after themselves first and the rest of the country second, but, given the current situation, you'd think he'd have the decency (well, no, he doesn't have any) or the political astuteness to give up his EU salary at the very least. But, as you say, he won't.

And why make him a peer?? I've always thought that peers were meant to be better than the rest of us, people to look up to and admire, people (apart from the hereditary ones, anyway) who have done something to deserve such an honour. What has Mandelson done? He's brought the British political system into disrepute on more than one occasion and shown politicians to be grasping, self-serving nobs. Oh let's make him a lord then.

Freckle Mon 13-Oct-08 09:13:07

Oh loo. He's at it again.

Freckle Mon 13-Oct-08 09:13:48

That should have been Oh look, but I think loo probably describes the whole sleazefest better.

Kathyis6incheshigh Tue 14-Oct-08 13:17:13

Yes I couldn't believe this.
The only consolation is that Baron Mandelson sounds a bit like Baron Munchausen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now