Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

52 grand from birth to five years?

(10 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Fri 04-Mar-05 12:04:05

Ouch!
Although I very much doubt I spent anything like that sum during weaning!!

Pamina3 Fri 04-Mar-05 12:06:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pamina3 Fri 04-Mar-05 12:07:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beansmum Fri 04-Mar-05 12:12:56

Well my total income for 5 years isn't 52 grand so I hope I don't spend all that! It is easy to get carried away buying stuff you really don't need I think, I have been quite strict with myself but there's so much cool stuff for babies, it's always tempting.

Mothernature Fri 04-Mar-05 12:13:02

No wonder I'm always skint! rofl, how much from birth to 15 then? I daren't check it myself..

coppertop Fri 04-Mar-05 12:15:13

I think someone else must have been spending my share too! Admittedly we don't have childcare - unless you count paying a few pounds each week for playgroup - but none of the other figures seemed to come close either.

colditzmum Fri 04-Mar-05 12:16:23

Ha! I haven't earned that in my ENTIRE CAREER!!!!!!!! And I left school 8 years ago!

princesspeahead Fri 04-Mar-05 12:17:10

I can't believe the average spend on maternity clothes is over £900. I can spend on clothes like the best of them, but I didn't spend anywhere near this much! If you totalled all my clothes over three pregnancies you MIGHT get there (but they covered completely different seasons etc)...

MrsDoolittle Fri 04-Mar-05 12:27:43

Me too PPH. I reckon I bought a pair of
black trousers and a skirt for work with a couple of shirts. I wore a pair of jeans at out and about and gave in to the jogging bottoms at home thing. A couple of outsized fleeces and dh t-shirts, that was it. I don't think I looked too dowdy!

HandbagAddiction Fri 04-Mar-05 12:28:55

Hmmm - difficult one this - since childcare (nursery) costs me approx £11,000 a year on it's own I can see where they get this figure from!

Ouch!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now