Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Daniel Degale has died!

(9 Posts)
MarsLady Thu 09-Oct-08 14:32:06

sad I wept when I heard the news this morning. He was 21.

A blog

ACLT

2shoesdrippingwithblood Thu 09-Oct-08 15:08:05

sad

MorticiaAnnSpookington Thu 09-Oct-08 15:09:33

who is he ? sorry am I being dense ?

MorticiaAnnSpookington Thu 09-Oct-08 15:49:10

sorry - just looked him up, so now I lknow sad

shinyshoes Thu 09-Oct-08 15:51:31

Never heard of him, but have just read that first link.

how sad sad

Saturn74 Thu 09-Oct-08 15:54:11

sad

Piffle Thu 09-Oct-08 17:14:17

oh how awfully sad.Such a special life lived and fought for.
And what they have done for awareness and the ACLT...

MarsLady Thu 09-Oct-08 19:14:49

He was a rather brave young man.

11 years ago there was a national campaign to encourage more AfroCaribbeans to sign up to donate blood and join the bone marrow register. When Daniel was first diagnosed there were 550 AfroCaribbean donors. His family set up the ACLT and the numbers have risen to 200,000. Pretty impressive. It was an American woman whose bone marrow saved Daniel's life.

They are a lovely family and work tirelessly to promote the ACLT. It is very sad that Daniel has died. He was a lovely young man and if you watch the news tonight you'll see just how lovely he was.

glitterball Thu 09-Oct-08 23:33:02

i only heard this on the news this evening its so sad for his family especially as from what i heard his death was unrelated to his leukaemia. how tragic.

i remember seeing him and his family on the news a lot many years ago when they were establishing the ACLT; he always seemed an incredibly courageous and inspirational boy then, and clearly grew into an equally wonderful young man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now