Talk

Advanced search

A Dog called ASBO

(9 Posts)
Janos Wed 08-Oct-08 20:06:52

Good god. This sounds like something froma horror film, and it really happened!

Dog killed after attacking child

Hope they throw the book (several really heavy ones in fact) at the "owner".

GordonTheGhoul Wed 08-Oct-08 20:08:17

God what with this and the other dog thread I am horrified.

TheArmadillo Wed 08-Oct-08 20:11:52

I hope the child is ok - and the adults involved to.

Sounds horrendous.

I wonder if the dog was being abused?

Janos Wed 08-Oct-08 20:15:51

Someone actually tried to run the dog over and it still kept going..horrific. What size of dog was it?

Janos Wed 08-Oct-08 20:18:48

I thought that too actually GTG. There's a clue there in the name.

Hope everyone attacked is OK.

jakesmommy Thu 09-Oct-08 11:51:57

These types of dogs are a menace and bad ownership is to blame, the fence that this dog was behind should have been stronger to prevent this animal from being able to get loose anyway, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago, my toddler son who is twenty months old usually walks from the bus stop to our house to allow him some walking time outside, thankfully I had him in my arms on this particualr occasion because as I turned the corner from the bus stop a dog that I can only describe as looking like a staff saw us growled and ran towards us, I didn't run but just shouted at it really loud and it ran off, but I can't help thinking what it may of done if my little one had been walking.

I hope that little one is ok and all those brave people who helped him...

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 11:54:48

and people WONDER why i tell my kids not to go near ANY dogs

FaBIONIC Thu 09-Oct-08 11:57:21

Really awful story.

"I had just done the vacuuming and I sat on the bed with the laptop and ... "

-- Do you think Jackie Haggis (the eyewitness) is an MNer?

Mumi Thu 09-Oct-08 12:08:55

Kerry - I get that too. DS now only freezes up when a dog is really close but he's always been nervous about dogs and rightly so.

To prove his point, one approached DS in a park a couple of years ago and as soon as the following owner called over "it's alright, he won't hurt him" the dog jumped up and tried to bite DS angry

Of course the owner was shocked as "he'd never done that before" hmm You never can tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now