Talk

Advanced search

Pizza Hut changes its name- how random!!

(39 Posts)
WheresTheAuPair Mon 06-Oct-08 13:41:54

I thought this was a joke at first. I haven't had a pizza hut pizza in years but now really fancy a cheese feast with sweetcorn and peppers mmm. I'd never go there for the soggy old pasta tho!

www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Pizza_Hut_changes_name_to..._Pasta_Hut&in_article_id=339461&in_pag e_id=34 hmm

onceinalifetime Mon 06-Oct-08 13:44:45

Bizarre and it's only for a trial period? I hate Pizza Hut - that vile salad bar with mountains of cubed beetroot.

scrappydappydoo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:46:58

Noooo!!! The song won't sound right .....
A Pasta hut, a pasta hut..... nope its all wrong!

Fimbo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:47:44

I've never been in a Pizza Hut.

DrNortherner Mon 06-Oct-08 13:48:01

How odd....knew they were struggling nut Pasta Hut will not draw the punters in I feel.....

WheresTheAuPair Mon 06-Oct-08 13:49:06

...and dried up slices of cucumber...crusty jars of dressing....the soggy pasta still stays with me tho (boak)

mm really do fancy pizza now tho.... smile

Sherbert37 Mon 06-Oct-08 13:49:34

Went on Sat with my Tesco vouchers and the food was vile. Ran out of small bases then brought out 'cheesecake' which had frozen berries on it. Will not be hurrying back.

Iklboo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:49:58

Altogether now...

A Pasta Hut, A Pasta Hut
Flame grilled or poached chicken and a Pasta Hut

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:51:41

pizza - yes but pasta - no

onceinalifetime Mon 06-Oct-08 13:52:22

If you had a chance to change your name and rebrand, why keep the word 'hut'? Personally think they're completely outdated and chains like Carluccio's and Strada must have swiped a big chunk of their business.

WheresTheAuPair Mon 06-Oct-08 13:52:26

I'd loved to have been a fly on the wall at that marketing meeting ("hmm pizza's not regarded as being healthy enough anymore- we need something healthy yet within our product range- why Pasta Hut of course-genius!!")

Their low sales have obviously nothing to do with the overpriced pizzas and yukky laminated menus then...

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:52:54

why are they sticking with the hut? Like sunglasses hut - very strange

Iklboo Mon 06-Oct-08 13:53:13

Pasta Yurt?

snowleopard Mon 06-Oct-08 13:53:16

I can see what they're thinking... "Damn, there are so many pizza chains out there now that make nicer pizza than us (Pizza Express, Zizzi etc) but - brainwave! - we'll be the only soggy pasta emporium in town! Well apart from Bella Pasta."

However although it's foul I like going there with DP when we have a rare trip to the cinema together - it's part of our regulation trashy nite out along with the popcorn and coke.

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:53:49

onceinalifetime - great minds think alike!!!

AMumInScotland Mon 06-Oct-08 13:53:57

I read that article too, at lunchtime. It seems such an odd idea! But I also found it odd that they referred to pizza as "fatty" - surely it isn't? I mean yes the cheese obviously has fat, and some of the toppings, but I wouldn't think of pizza as a fatty food unless you deepfried it (which we do up here but that's beside the point!)hmm

WheresTheAuPair Mon 06-Oct-08 13:54:01

Not to mention pizza express?

DrNortherner Mon 06-Oct-08 13:54:20

I think the word HUT has something to do with the history of the brand. 2 men statred out in a hut IIRC.

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:54:56

pasta seems richer with all the cream sauces - why not call it PizzaPasta

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:55:26

pizza express - pizza very slowly

zippitippitoes Mon 06-Oct-08 13:55:49

i havent been in one for years

but as i downloaded a 50 5 OFF VOUCEHR we tried to go on saturday

but they couldnt gind a table for 8 and said we would have to wait by the door for an hour and wouldnt be allowed to leave

so we didnt bother and went somewhere else

zizis in fact which is much nicer but of course more expensive

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 06-Oct-08 13:56:06

I was hoping it would be
'Le Hut de Pizza'

An attempt to sound classier.

cupsoftea Mon 06-Oct-08 13:57:03

lol tdwp

zippitippitoes Mon 06-Oct-08 13:57:07

it is the fact that you eat a whole pizza that makes it fattening

and didnt they p[ioneer filling the crust with cheese

WheresTheAuPair Mon 06-Oct-08 13:57:59

www.pastahut.co.uk/Home I can only imagine that these taste as good as they look hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now