Talk

Advanced search

Palin accuses Obama of "palling around with terrorists"

(57 Posts)
littlelapin Sun 05-Oct-08 08:41:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spicemonster Sun 05-Oct-08 08:43:13

Indeed. Bit desperate and I'm beginning to suspect that voters are not that daft.

She's an ignorant evil witch.

notnowbernard Sun 05-Oct-08 08:45:17

I didn't realise things had got so "desperate" in the Repulican camp (am struggling to keep up)

Has Obama come out of this economic crisis thing better than McCain then?

edam Sun 05-Oct-08 08:47:53

She's a bit thick, really. Although no doubt the racists will lap it up.

spicemonster Sun 05-Oct-08 08:49:44

nnb - apparently Palin is dragging McCain down. She has had some spectacularly bad interviews where she has demonstrated the depth of her ignorance about a whole range of topics and polls now suggest an increasing number think she's too inexperienced for office. And yes, Obama is doing better out of the economic crisis I think (well that's what they said on Today the other morning - I also struggle to keep up!)

notnowbernard Sun 05-Oct-08 08:52:47

Because she was initially (unexpectedly) well received, wasn't she?

Have just read in the Times that Hillary Clinton has complimented her on her debating skills (has infuriated Obama camp)

PIL are just back from States. Apparently Palin is LOATHED by Democratic voters, because of extreme ignorance etc and general belief system

littlelapin Sun 05-Oct-08 08:58:47

notnowbernard Sun 05-Oct-08 09:06:45

Shocking that she could potentially be President should an elected McCain keel over

ilovemydog Sun 05-Oct-08 09:19:20

name calling is just the lowest form of debate.

I hate Palin. Some Republicans can enter into an intelligent discussion about policy matters without resorting to emotive language, but Palin isn't just stooopid. She's ignorant, out of her depth and shallow.

Glad I registered for an absentee ballot smile

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 09:37:44

thing is, the mid westerner types will love the folksy type. And she says what they wants to hear in sound bytes 'god ' 'abortion is wrang' 'Obama is a mulsim teerist' etc etc

I still can't believe the women who said cos Hilary didn't win they would vote for the republicans. Surely its about a 'party' not an individual.
Been watching Palins interviews and its cringe making.

littlelapin Sun 05-Oct-08 09:43:56

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 05-Oct-08 09:47:58

I was watching the BBC the other day and they were doing interviews with the "working America" and I was so shocked with the comment made by one woman who said that she would not vote for Obama because "he is a closet racist" hmm so not doubt that type of person will lap up this story.

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 05-Oct-08 09:48:51

Well, McCain has no-one to blame but himself. Apparently he had hardly met her when he named her his VP. She really doesn't help herself and she needs some serious public speaking and interview coaching.

Did you see the Tina Fey SNL skit on her? So good.

bobthebuddha Sun 05-Oct-08 10:21:01

...waiting for you all to be derided as sexists....

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 10:22:39

you all hate freedom don't you? Why do you hate freedom?
grin

bagsforlife Sun 05-Oct-08 10:23:44

Agree with SaintRiven, we all think she's appalling as does liberal East/West coast USA, but the middle ground USA moms just love her. It's easy to be convinced by the press here that the USA thinks the same as us, they don't. A lot of the USA would welcome a Vice President (and possibly President) like Sarah Palin(not interested in foreign policy) and the Obama jibe will probably enhance her. Scary stuff. I wouldn't imagine the vast majority of the USA actually watch Tina Fey on her programme.

ilovemydog Sun 05-Oct-08 14:02:05

Yes, but might I remind people that the mid west did elect Clinton <anxiously looking for hopeful button>

dittany Sun 05-Oct-08 14:12:46

wittyusername Sun 05-Oct-08 14:39:59

I'm with Dittany - I've seen v little of Obama to convince me either.

dittany Sun 05-Oct-08 14:51:34

donnie Sun 05-Oct-08 16:46:23

Id like to hear Sarah Palin's definition of a terrorist. Included in her explanation should be detailed references to both South Africa and Israel.

expatinscotland Sun 05-Oct-08 16:50:46

'Glad I registered for an absentee ballot'

I've already posted mine, ilovemydog wink.

Glad you're getting your vote in!

donnie Sun 05-Oct-08 16:51:59

oh, and she could refer to her predecessor RR's sale of arms to Iran back in the 80s. All lovely terrorists together.

JJ Sun 05-Oct-08 16:55:38

I'm from the Midwest - born and raised in Indiana, yee ha. Indiana has Evan Bayh and Dick Lugar (Republican but by any accounts an excellent and knowledgable man) as senators, so not all bad. Of course, Indiana brought you Dan Quayle as well. hmm

But to reassure you: to say I don't like Palin is an understatement of epic proportions.

ilovemydog Sun 05-Oct-08 16:56:02

expat - OK already! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now