Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Delia the football fan

(12 Posts)
iota Tue 01-Mar-05 18:46:28

Just been having a laugh at Sky news showing Delia Smith losing it with the football fans. Most unladylike - I'll never view her cookery programmes in the same light - she's always so sedate and ladylike on them

coppertop Tue 01-Mar-05 19:01:32

I saw it on our local news and also had a bit of a giggle. She looked completely mad, didn't she?

Fimbo Thu 03-Mar-05 17:02:44

I live in Norwich and the local rag has an exclusive interview with her today (woopie doo!) -she catagorically denies she was pi$$ed. She only drinks mineral water!! Apparently a lot of the fans think she's crackers.

RTKangaMummy Thu 03-Mar-05 17:05:16

I saw it but am really dim cos I didn't get what she meant by no 12 or 13 or whatever

Did she mean there as no support for the team

Am really dim but did think she was drunk too

Janh Thu 03-Mar-05 17:39:38

Apparently the City fans were chanting "There's only one Jamie Oliver" but I don't know if that was before or after The Incident.

(I love witty football chants )

Marina Thu 03-Mar-05 17:43:35

Missed all this but cannot imagine St Delia drunk...anyone care to tell me what happened?

Janh Thu 03-Mar-05 17:45:57

Here you are, Marina!

RTKangaMummy Thu 03-Mar-05 17:49:38

That photo is brill

I didn't realise it was at half time now I understand

Marina Thu 03-Mar-05 17:53:20

that does not look good. Relieved we have no such celebrity intervention at Charlton!

Janh Thu 03-Mar-05 17:57:41

It is sweet that she is so involved. And to go from 2-0 up to 2-2 is infuriating. (And then to lose 2-3 even worse.)

Are you a Charlton fan, Marina? DH went to one match down there - he works for allsports who are their sponsors (as you may have noticed!) so he can have free tickets if he wants. (Has to look smart and behave though, unlike his normal matchday behaviour of course )

Marina Thu 03-Mar-05 18:19:28

I am indeed. For my sins. Their training ground is just down the road and is sometimes used by England, such is its calibre
I think Alan is one of the UK's best managers. That team would not be where they are without him...and the club has been so good on discouraging racism in football (hot potato in SE London).
All Charlton fans are well-behaved and smart JanH!

Fimbo Sat 05-Mar-05 14:03:22

Latest rumours circulating Norwich-her rant is going to be made into a ring-tone. The local paper has already made car stickers with "Lets be 'aving you" on them.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now