Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

All major companies are going down the pan, banks are doomed, shit your pants now

(193 Posts)
FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 12:39:59

Message withdrawn

Hassled Tue 30-Sep-08 12:44:01

It's one of these things where I know I should be running around screaming, but actually can't summons up the energy. I mean I understand how serious the situation is, but it's not causing me to fret. I guess it's just all so beyond the average person's control that it doesn't seem real - only things like the MNers who lost money or jobs with Lehmans brought anything home to me. Time I took my head out of the sand, I guess.

GordonTheGopher Tue 30-Sep-08 12:44:51

I'm playing the ignorance card too. I really don't have a clue what's going on.

JJ Tue 30-Sep-08 12:45:50

Ha! On top of the whole banking crisis thing, I'm doing taxes and it's raining and cold, wah.

Made me laugh, you did.

zippitippitoes Tue 30-Sep-08 12:46:19

well when i started that lehmans thread saying i was scared for how things would pan out ....i was bothered then and nothing has happened since to make me less bothered

my chance of getting a job was crap already and is now worse and the ony money i have is tied yp in property

CountessDracula Tue 30-Sep-08 12:47:35

We are doomed I tell you

LucyJones Tue 30-Sep-08 12:47:37

and we're not actually in a recession yet though lol

MrsBadger Tue 30-Sep-08 12:47:45

pfft

DH and I watched the HoR vote live last night and no bugger knew what was going on - even the BBC correspondent was reading from the Reuters feed because they couldn;t analyse the situation.

value beans for tea and Jed Bartlett for president, I say

lulumama Tue 30-Sep-08 12:49:11

if we are all doomed, running around panicking won;t help... things will come up again. eventually. but there will be a lot of casualties along the way

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 12:49:36

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Tue 30-Sep-08 12:49:39

Just ger yer heads down and hope for the best
I reckon

Snaf Tue 30-Sep-08 12:51:35

Stuff your money under the mattress and get the tins of condensed milk and pichards out. We'll be fine [eeeek]

wannaBe Tue 30-Sep-08 12:52:47

we will be fine.

This will probably go down in history, but economies are cyclical, and it will recover.

Panicking about it won't make it any better.

nickytwotimes Tue 30-Sep-08 12:53:23

I'm afraid that until I am personally affected I will not be pannicing.
<buries head in sand and thanks God that dh is in public sector.>

deanychip Tue 30-Sep-08 12:54:21

mmm tiger bread, and butter, mmmm
all is well when tiger bread is squidjing between your teeth.

JJ Tue 30-Sep-08 12:55:25

Have no idea what tiger bread is, so that's me screwed then. Oh well. I do have butter though.

Yes, agree we are all doomed, DOOOOOOOOMED, I tell ya.

(Am actually vv stressed about the whole situation but what is there to do? Fuck all, really.)

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 12:56:15

Message withdrawn

JJ Tue 30-Sep-08 12:57:33

What is it? Would I just ask for tiger bread? Is it a brand or a type of bread?

I like the idea of bread squidging between my teeth. MMmmmmmm.

hoxtonchick Tue 30-Sep-08 12:58:32

hi jj - sorry for my head entirely in the clouds yesterday . i did recognise you when you took your sunglasses off!

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 12:58:42

Message withdrawn

deanychip Tue 30-Sep-08 12:59:37

trouble with tiger bread is that the whole loaf needs to be eaten in one day, its a struggle, but a delicious struggle.

CatIsSleepy Tue 30-Sep-08 12:59:38

hmm
don't really know how to react
not panicking yet

tiger bread is darned good
tinned pilchards less so

FioFio Tue 30-Sep-08 13:00:02

Message withdrawn

deanychip Tue 30-Sep-08 13:00:40

its so soft in the middle, you need to carve it yourself, so big liberal slabs of the stuff.

expatinscotland Tue 30-Sep-08 13:00:57

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Sorry, but there's rarely any reason to panic, I can't think of a situation where it helps.

I subscribe to the philosophy of old-time climber John Long: 'Now there is always something to do, even in the worst of situations, if you just keep your wits about you.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now