Talk

Advanced search

I'm hoping DH won't see this article......YIKES!!!

(13 Posts)
ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 12:46:44

Bloody hell

Freckle Thu 25-Sep-08 12:50:18

Hmm. For something like that, you'd think they'd let the patient decide, but if it was truly life-threatening were they acting in the best interests of the patient??

Tortington Thu 25-Sep-08 12:53:09

god i can't stand the sun.

but i think that as the article says - they could have let him wake up and make an informed choice

lulumama Thu 25-Sep-08 12:55:29

jesus, you think the sun could have used the word 'penis'

surely if it was so life threatening and serious then the hospital were obliged to operate immediately, based on all the risks and benefits?

surely he'd rather be alive without a penis?

TigerFeet Thu 25-Sep-08 12:58:09

[wry grin] @ some of the comments - I would never be so crass as to make a comment on the mentality of hte average sun reader but, well really...

They should have woken him up - I doubt that it was so urgent that it couldn't have waited long enough to speak to the patient before proceeding. Or spoken to a relative at the very least.

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 25-Sep-08 13:01:34

what's it about? Firefox shuts down whenever I open a Sun link (think it is telling me I should know better! grin)

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Sep-08 13:04:15

Tigerfeet - if you were a bloke and your willy was coming off one way or another, would it have been better to be woken up, told 'snippedy snip, double quick' and then put back to sleep? hmm grin

A tragedy for him though, having penile cancer is awful and maybe they'd disturbed it during the operation and he was bleeding out. It could have been a lot worse.

TigerFeet Thu 25-Sep-08 13:10:01

WMMC I think I would rather be told tbh

If he was bleeding out then I suspect he hasn't got a case and he needs to get over himself. If not then I stand by my opinion that at the very least it ought to have been discussed with a relative before going ahead.

Agree that penile cancer is grim and he probably had no option - but I think it would have been kinder for him to have been told. I can't imagine going into theatre for supposedly a routine op and then waking up and being told that an appendage had been removed due to cancer. The fact that it's his penis - even though that's what's made it newsworthy to the Sun hmm - is neither here nor there imo.

How are you anyway? DS OK?

sparkybabe Thu 25-Sep-08 13:14:12

There is also an article (next to the headline) about a 6th former dressed up as a 6-foot 'penis' for his graduation party!!! Talk about insensitive.

lololololol.

CountessDracula Thu 25-Sep-08 13:16:43

why are you hoping dh won;'t see it??

ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 13:55:06

I want him to getthe snip CD.

Not this type of snip of course but a smaller version....grin

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Sep-08 14:16:47

Tigerfeet - perhaps they did discuss it with his wife and she didn't like him very much wink

I'm fine thanks. DS is mahoosive - 16 pounds and counting and he's only 10 weeks old - see profile pics he's a MONSTER!

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Thu 25-Sep-08 14:28:17

I hate that euphemism 'manhood' - ugh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now