Talk

Advanced search

OMG - 15 mnth baby just been killed by a drink driver mounting the pavement

(56 Posts)
oopsadaisyangel Fri 19-Sep-08 19:08:38

here sad

LittleMissNorty Fri 19-Sep-08 19:09:40

bloody hell....my DD is that age sad....turns my stomach.

fedupandisolated Fri 19-Sep-08 19:09:58

Poor poor family. sad

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 19-Sep-08 19:10:07

OMG...how dare that fecking bitch get behind a wheel...I hope she rots...

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:10:24

MrsMattie Fri 19-Sep-08 19:10:28

That is heartbreaking. How dreadful. Stupid, stupid woman.

FAQ Fri 19-Sep-08 19:10:54

poor baby and family sad

although it does make me cross the article with the emphasis being on the "4x4" aspect - sadly I suspect the outcome would have been same regardless of the vehicle involved sad

Guadalupe Fri 19-Sep-08 19:15:00

How awful and chilling. Poor thing, and his poor family too.

TwoIfBySea Fri 19-Sep-08 20:12:48

About time the sentencing for drink driving reflected the seriousness of the crime. Too often these drivers are given a fine that is insulting to the victims family and receive no jail time at all.

Until the sentences are harsher then this will continue. I lost a childhood friend when I was 16 to a drink driver, I saw how it ripped her family apart especially when the driver literally got away with it. Twenty years later and it still happens.

My thoughts are with the poor baby's family and I hope that bitch sees his face everytime she closes her eyes and never sleeps or feels peace again.

findtheriver Fri 19-Sep-08 20:20:16

Absolutely awful. Appalling if it turns out that the woman was over the limit. FAQ - yes the outcome may have been the same whatever the vehicle but it doesnt alter the fact that idiots who drive fuck-off great tanks are MORE likely to cause death or serious injury. Just from what I've observed in my home city, people behind the wheels of these often don't have a fucking clue how to drive - they clip kerbs and knock wing mirrors almost as an occupational hazard, because basically they are driving something far too huge for normal city streets and they can't handle it.
Of course the central point is that a child has lost their life, but I think it's unwise to ignore the fact that this was essentially a dangerous vehicle.

jellybeans Fri 19-Sep-08 20:22:10

so sad. Totally agree with FTRs comments above, so true.

FAQ Fri 19-Sep-08 20:27:56

I've seen plenty of wing mirrors clipped, and people not knowing how to drive in non 4x4's too.

I think in this case, if indeed the woman was over the limit, her driving would have been the same in a ford fiesta as it would in her Toyota sad

WendyWeber Fri 19-Sep-08 20:36:54

Very dodgy by the sound of it

What a cutie sadangry

cupsoftea Fri 19-Sep-08 20:37:33

Let life mean life

Sidge Fri 19-Sep-08 20:38:05

That's awful sad

The problem with 4x4s is that as the impact point is so much higher due to the height of the vehicle permanent injury and death is much more likely. For example a child hit by a Fiesta for eg will be hit in the lower body/legs. A child hit by a 4x4 will be hit in the chest/head.

findtheriver Fri 19-Sep-08 20:47:42

It also seems that the sheer weight of the vehicle made it far more difficult for those who came to help. These tanks are killing machines. Sorry, but how can anyone justify driving that thing around a suburban area swarming with hundreds of kids?

Flossish Fri 19-Sep-08 20:52:02

I feel complete hate towards such a selfish nasty woman who could put herself in a position to do this.

Poor poor little boy and his family.

Some very selfish people in this world who think 'i've only had a few, i'm fine to drive' completely disregarding their own safety, fine but the safety of others is not theirs to disregard.

noonki Fri 19-Sep-08 20:55:39

how awful

and 4x4's can have those awful bars on the front

kama Fri 19-Sep-08 20:56:13

Message withdrawn

ScottishMummy Fri 19-Sep-08 20:57:27

yes i read that too.awful,how harrowing for family.things like this make me cry

dinny Fri 19-Sep-08 21:00:59

oh, so so sad, that poor family

expatinscotland Fri 19-Sep-08 21:01:07

of course, this waste of space of a person won't serve a day in jail and will probably get off with a negligible fine.

Guadalupe Fri 19-Sep-08 21:06:18

I can't stop thinking about this. I hope that driver suffers, I really do.

everlong Fri 19-Sep-08 21:41:35

My god, how terrible.

That poor baby and his poor mummy....

DrNortherner Fri 19-Sep-08 22:20:12

Oh my God, what a horendous thin to happen and to witness.

I can not bear the thought of what the mum went through seeing that happen.

Poor poor family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now