Talk

Advanced search

Don't know where to post this but need to off load............

(8 Posts)
fifitot Wed 10-Sep-08 20:04:56

Really horrible news story today about a 17m old baby killed by combination of mother, her partner and a friend who living at same address. Months of sustained abuse ending with a broken back and ribs. The child was beaten regularly, spun around on a computer chair til he fell off, wrapped up to make him hot, picked up by the neck, had shoes thrown at his head, punched....

I am just so upset. I KNOW this stuff goes on, I trained as a social worker FFS but I can't stop thinking about the little boy and what he must have been thinking. My LO is 2. I hope these people rot in hell.

I hope they are found guilty of murder and given a horrific time in prison. WTF was the mother thinking?????? No excuse for any of them but she gave birth to this child and she did this? I can't comprehend and am so sad...

Sorry to bring anyone down but since becoming a parent I really can't cope with these stories...

janeite Wed 10-Sep-08 20:06:42

Is this the one where the child was examined by a doctor, who failed to pick up all of the injuries? Terrible, terrible story.

Ewe Wed 10-Sep-08 20:06:57

I read it in the London Lite yesterday (with a lot more gruesome detail) and it was a very upsetting article.

It's unbelievable that this can happen and quite why the media need to publish every minute detail I do not know.

saggyhairyarse Wed 10-Sep-08 21:02:52

I have felt sick about this too. That poor, poor child.

Why would someone do this to another person? Let alone a defenseless baby (the same age as my DS2). I sincerely hope the wardens turn a blind eye to what they should have coming to them, I know that is horrible and probably un-PC, prison is too good for them.

R.I.P little soul

PussinJimmyChoos Wed 10-Sep-08 21:05:21

I was sobbing when saw this on the news last night - I seriously think capital punishment should be used for bastards like this - they do not deserve to live. I went in and picked my DS out of his cot and cuddled him for a few minutes with tears pouring down my face as just wanted to be near him....I hope those evil people get seriously butt fucked in prison!

ByTheSea Wed 10-Sep-08 21:10:26

I read the article in the Guardian a short while ago. It's just so so horrible I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

hester Wed 10-Sep-08 21:18:34

I'm really struggling to keep it out of my mind. I can't bear to think about it.

Heated Wed 10-Sep-08 21:39:33

I think I'm hardened to the news and then every so often one story haunts you.

I do 'console' myself in thinking that the perpetrators won't have happy lives given what foulness must be in them. Whatever prison sentence they get, being that miserable excuse for a human being, every second, minute and hour of their remaining lives & living with that evil inside must be a punishment, mustn't it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: