Talk

Advanced search

You can tell a recession is long over-due

(12 Posts)
Bridie3 Tue 09-Sep-08 09:57:03

You can tell we were in for a recession--months before it officially started.

It's those damn crystals on everything. Why do you need Swarovoski crystals on computer equipment? Bras?

It's so over-the-top and bling. Where will they turn up next? On breadmaking machines? Startrite shoes?

The one good thing about the downturn is that we might return to some modicum of pared-down taste.

I feel better now.

Chequers Tue 09-Sep-08 09:58:19

Hear hear Bridie.

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 09:59:20

Message withdrawn

hippipotami Tue 09-Sep-08 10:00:54

I agree. I am sooooo fed up of the fake, tacky, bling bling society. With big brand labels on everything and people being judged for wearing old, non trendy items.

A return to a modicum of taste would be a welcome side-effect of a recession smile

NappiesGalore Tue 09-Sep-08 10:01:22

mmmmm...shiny stuff.... [goes into sparkle induced trance]

wink

NappiesGalore Tue 09-Sep-08 10:02:42

oh please, the people being judged for lesser valued stuff is not new. it is capitalism, innit. you take the rough with the smooth im afraid

hippipotami Tue 09-Sep-08 10:04:13

Well in that case I am done with the smooth wink

morningpaper Tue 09-Sep-08 10:04:37

I was thinking this yesterday as I cleared out the children's toys in preparation for their birthday month hmm

IN MY DAY I had a tiny single boxroom which contained ALL my toys. There was no massive toy chest in every farking room. It is madness.

Dropdeadfred Tue 09-Sep-08 10:05:41

blush at my wedding shoes! grin

Bridie3 Tue 09-Sep-08 10:17:24

Yeah, but they were for your WEDDING, Dropdeadfred. Not for an every-day item.

Dropdeadfred Tue 09-Sep-08 10:19:55

True Bridie..although I loved them so much I am tempted to wear them with jeans round the supermarket!!! wink

Phono Tue 09-Sep-08 10:22:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now