Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Joanne Nelson's boyfriend charged with murder...........

(11 Posts)
Gwenick Mon 21-Feb-05 20:55:06

here

WestCountryLass Mon 21-Feb-05 21:05:41

No surprise there then

expatinscotland Mon 21-Feb-05 21:06:42

Whoa. If a woman is not connected to drugs or prostitution, there's a reasonable chance the perpetrator is s/one she knows.

LGJ Mon 21-Feb-05 21:07:48

I am stunned NOT

pixiefish Mon 21-Feb-05 21:08:19

OMG

her poor poor family

SecondhandRose Tue 22-Feb-05 16:01:53

Isn't it 80% the number of murders committed by a family member/loved one so they often don't have to look far.

Gobbledigook Tue 22-Feb-05 16:03:54

I knew that as soon as I saw him 'crying' on the news when it first happened - I said to dh 'I bet he's got something to do with it'

Gobbledigook Tue 22-Feb-05 16:07:19

Not because I always think it's the boyfriend btw! Just because there was something not very convincing about him.

It was the same with that guy that murdered his wife years ago - can't remember the name now but he had a beard and it was quite high profile - anyway - spotted him a mile off too.

Snugs Tue 22-Feb-05 16:14:44

According to the BBC "Police said intelligence indicated her body was somewhere in an area from the West Hull villages along the Humber to the Ouse and up to the north of York."

According to local rumour, he has confessed to the killing and admitted to dumping her body but can't be specific as to where because it was dark when he did it.

northerner Tue 22-Feb-05 16:14:53

How terribe for the family

There must be some background history of violence or extreme jealousy/posessiveness here though, you don't just murder someone. Do you?

SofiaAmes Tue 22-Feb-05 21:09:30

No surprise. When they said that she hadn't called her sister on her birthday on the sunday which was totally out of character for her, I figured she had to be already dead. And if she was already dead then it had to be the boyfriend, since he claimed to have seen her on the monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now