Talk

Advanced search

Blackpool Pleasure Beach tops visitor attraction list - The National Gallery .......

(14 Posts)
JoolsToo Thu 17-Feb-05 22:43:44

had a million less visitors - which would be your choice for a day out?

For me - I quite like fairground rides but don't like Blackpool at all so I would go for the National Gallery - you can spend hours there and not spend a penny

(there's a picture there of Lady Jane Grey about to be beheaded - I could spend all day just looking at that!)

pixel Fri 18-Feb-05 00:14:24

I've already got my visit to the National planned for the summer to see Stubb's horses. My favourite painting Whistlejacket will be there and I've always wanted to see it.

Never been to Blackpool. Perhaps I should make the effort sometime?

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 00:24:21

lady jane grey at the National

pixel Fri 18-Feb-05 00:34:46

Wow Joolstoo, I see exactly what you mean. Breathtaking!

pixel Fri 18-Feb-05 00:36:32

Just realised should be Stubbs's horses.
(sound of slapped wrist)

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 09:13:41

yes its a pretty fantastic piece of art - Lady Jane's dress for a start - magnificent.

Love your favourite too Whistlejacket

I guess you love horses?

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 12:25:50

GDG - hope you pick up this thread - do you remember the Lady Jane picture?

pixel Fri 18-Feb-05 12:29:12

Thanks for that, I don't know how to do links (about time I learnt though I suppose). Yes you guessed, I do love horses, and paintings of them. We had a lovely limited edition Stubbs print at our pub but we had to leave it behind as it was just too huge to put in a normal house. Hope the next owners appreciate it!

Gobbledigook Fri 18-Feb-05 12:30:06

Yep and I love it too. It's better 'in the flesh' isn't it because it's massive!

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 12:31:10

I know its all a question of personal taste but how can you put a line of bricks or an unmade bed under the category of 'Art' when you look at these two pictures?

Gobbledigook Fri 18-Feb-05 12:33:55

Oh no, don't start that debate!!!

Hear db1 is visiting you this weekend? I just rang him to invite him and J for dinner tomorrow.

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 12:35:14

J's doing the cooking for us! - I thought you knew they were coming

and please don't hi-jack my thread!

now - Tracey Emin?

Gobbledigook Fri 18-Feb-05 12:56:42

...is crap?

JoolsToo Fri 18-Feb-05 12:57:41

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now