Talk

Advanced search

I've come to the conclusion regarding the recent incidents with data loss...

(16 Posts)
MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Fri 22-Aug-08 20:37:07

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7576012.stm

....that the person who lost the memory stick is a man.

I'm quite confident it's in his house.

He just hasn't asked his wife to look for it yet.

If he did, she would say "It's behind the toaster where you left it."

grin (It's a bit sexist of me to post this, but this is a scenario played out many a time in my house and I'm sure I'm not alone.)

CuckooClockWorkShy Fri 22-Aug-08 20:38:30

You're right. It's in the trouser pocket of the suit he only wears when it's raining. Not his good suit.

OR it's in his 'meeting' suit. Next time he has a meeting or it rains he will find it.

National crisis over.

Sobernow Fri 22-Aug-08 20:39:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carnival Fri 22-Aug-08 20:41:23

Or it's fallen under the hoover - he'll never find it there!!grin

dilemma456 Sun 24-Aug-08 09:47:16

Message withdrawn

Cappuccino Sun 24-Aug-08 09:51:47

he has put it on his bedside table and then stuck a teetering pile of receipts on top of it

when his wife finally goes through said receipts, throwing out the ones that say "Mars Bar" and keeping the ones that say "Train Ticket" and "New Data Stick" she will find it

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sun 24-Aug-08 12:07:35

Ah yes or it could be amid the piles of change that he leaves on various sideboards...

ChairmanMiao Sun 24-Aug-08 12:09:47

lol

I think it's in the toybox.
An A&E dr will remove it from his toddler's nose.

edam Sun 24-Aug-08 12:19:24

Cappucino, are you sure you aren't married to Mr edam? I suspect he's leading a double life. That teetering pile of receipts balanced on something else is SO familiar.

Bloke has probably put it in the fridge and put the gherkins in the bin. If it's anything like our house, his wife will find it in a couple of months behind some really rank tupperware containing some left-overs her dh couldn't bear to part with but never actually eats.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 24-Aug-08 12:23:43

no she would say "its on the side" and the other woman in the house would know excatly where she meant but the man would just look bemused and ask where the side was. wink

ChairmanMiao Sun 24-Aug-08 12:23:51

What is it with men and foetid stinky food in fridges?

I know someone who has insisted her dh has another fridge for all his bio-hazard be-jarred fungus.

Cappuccino Sun 24-Aug-08 12:25:31

oh no I have never seen Mr Coffee box up a leftover

mind you that is prob my fault, we never have leftovers

he is forever whining that I make tiny meals grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 24-Aug-08 12:25:53

my dh likes to save his left over takeaways. i thought it was just him. he recently left some curry i made him in a pan for nearly a week. i made him wash it before it started breeding maggots [boak]

Romy7 Sun 24-Aug-08 12:41:32

it's in ds1's treasure box along with all the old mobiles that were supposed to be recycled, and the wind-on camera. it's only there because ds1 nicked it 'off the side' though. <klepto>

Monkeytrousers Sun 24-Aug-08 23:52:44

LOL Margo - re op - I completely agree [pmao]

Califrau Mon 25-Aug-08 00:23:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now