Talk

Advanced search

OLYMPICS

(20 Posts)
Thomcat Wed 20-Aug-08 15:28:29

Generally - olympic stuff.

GO ON Jamaica with your running machine. Fastest EVER!

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:32:19

DH just called from the other room to ask me if Iwanted to watch the 200m final
I said "nah"
did I make a huge mistake?

olympicsnotfederer Wed 20-Aug-08 15:32:42

I like those bouncing willies myself wink

<< lowers tone >>

Thomcat Wed 20-Aug-08 15:34:36

Oh he was amazing. Just amazing. The speed of the man. He won by a mile. A mile.

lovelygal Wed 20-Aug-08 15:35:35

Amazing!

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:37:20

there must be a fair amount of chaffing, must there note, olympicsnotfederer?

Thomcat Wed 20-Aug-08 15:39:06

LOL you dirty hussies!

wheresthehamster Wed 20-Aug-08 15:39:46

Fantastic Tasha!!

Thomcat Wed 20-Aug-08 15:40:46

Wonderful

tiredemma Wed 20-Aug-08 15:40:47

He is so calm and cool as he is running. He leaves the others trailing

I am LOVING these Olympics.

CatIsSleepy Wed 20-Aug-08 15:41:25

yay Natasha Danvers!

spokette Wed 20-Aug-08 15:43:01

As someone of Jamaican parentage, can I just say, "Usain, yu gwan man!!!"grin

I'm going to be feeding my 4yo twin boys rice and peas, yam, plaintain, dumpling and green banana in greater quantities now (lol).

CatIsSleepy Wed 20-Aug-08 15:43:22

i think I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms when this is all over

suzywong Wed 20-Aug-08 15:44:33

don't forget the pig's trotters too, spokette

olympicsnotfederer Wed 20-Aug-08 15:45:22

what will I do all day when it finishes ?

spokette Wed 20-Aug-08 15:52:25

Oxtail soup, stewed beans and pea soup too!grin

Well done Natasha Danvers! Fantastic acheivement. I really hope Phillip Idowu and Jade Johnson can add to the tally, especially Idowu as he has a real chance of winning gold. Plus the 4x4 events where we have a chance of medals, especially in the women 400m. These Olympics are brilliant.

I went to the Sydney Olympics in 2000 with DH and they were awesome. I was in the stadium when Kathy Freeman, Marion Jones and Maurice Green won their golds and the atmosphere was electric.

I can only imagine what it is like out there with the phenomenal performances that we are witnessing.

Roll on 2012!

tiredemma Wed 20-Aug-08 15:53:49

Oh I cannot wait for 2012.

I plan to descend on london with my brood.

wheresthehamster Wed 20-Aug-08 15:54:51

Aah, she's lovely as well. How natural can you be?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 20-Aug-08 16:21:21

Maybe someone can answer a question for me.

I've been watching the beach volleyball (well someone has to wink) and there have been men and women's teams from Georgia. Now I had thought that this was Georgia as in part of the former Coviet Union, however the players had names like gomes and sanchez and were very hispanic looking.

Is this to do with the Georgia mentioned in the Falklands war. My knowledge of geography is woefully inadequate, so any clarification would be good smile

Of course, I could just google it hmm

Oh, and Go Team GB while I'm here (and a bucketload little bit of national pride for the Scottish athletes who are winning their fair share of medals grin).

Am enjoying this olympics so much; probably as I'm at home with the DCs for a change and have the luxury of actually watching it and not just catching the highlights.

DS, 6, is really engrossed by it all and is determined he will be an olympian one day too grin

LackaDAISYcal Wed 20-Aug-08 16:30:07

have googled and the women's team are Brazilian, but they have dual nationality due to having Georgian relatives! Apparently they have only visited Georgia (ex USSR) twice!

haven't found anything about the men's team though but I assume a similar story smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now