Talk

Advanced search

This story is sooooooooooooo lovely

(18 Posts)
lottiejenkins Sun 17-Aug-08 12:26:11

uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20080817/ten-depp-law-farrell-s-gift-to-ledger-s-c60bd6d.html

What a lovely gesture.... I hope that Matilda grows up to appreciate what kind friends her father had. I think it is a totally wonderful gesture from the three guys.

Flamesparrow Sun 17-Aug-08 12:27:20

Aww

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 12:28:45

That's really sweet.

filthymindedvixen Sun 17-Aug-08 12:52:36

God, I love Johnny.

lottiejenkins Sun 17-Aug-08 17:14:05

am bumping this cos i think its such a good story!!

TwoIfBySea Sun 17-Aug-08 21:28:57

Oh wow, that is really lovely they would do that for her.

So who got the money in his will, surely they would provide for her - I remember reading how much he loved his daughter.

wonderstuff Sun 17-Aug-08 21:33:38

Love Johnny aparently last time he was in London he had disney fly over his pirates costume and he spent a couple of hours at great ormonds street.

slayerette Sun 17-Aug-08 21:36:47

in his will he left everything to his parents and siblings. News reports suggest that Michelle Williams may have to fight to get anything for Matilda. It seems hard to believe that Heath's family wouldn't provide for Matilda, however.

squeaver Sun 17-Aug-08 21:39:43

Wonderstuff - he also donated £1m to GOSH. His daughter was in there with something quite serious I think. He also invited all the staff who dealt with his little girl to the last Pirates premiere.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 18-Aug-08 22:50:55

I read this in the paper the other day and got a little choked up!
My mum said something on the lines that it was a shame his parents hadn't done something about providing for the DD, but I'm sure there was a press statement when they said they would take care of Matilda as the will was old.

What a nice thing for them to do, I'm always a little choked when I read about celebs giving money away for one reason or another.

MrsFogi Mon 18-Aug-08 23:06:41

Note to self - update will asap!

giraffescantdancethetango Mon 18-Aug-08 23:07:54

thats sweet

Alambil Mon 18-Aug-08 23:39:15

That's really nice of them - nice to see they aren't squandering their riches

Califrau Mon 18-Aug-08 23:44:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQ Mon 18-Aug-08 23:46:00

that's lovely

MrsFogi - after my Gran died (with a will that turned out to be void) when my parents made sure my Granddad's will was in order they had it worded so that any grandchildren etc that were born after the will had been made were also included (which was just as well as my DS3 arrived after the will had been made up - but by then he was too ill to make a new one(

Mamazon Tue 19-Aug-08 00:05:52

Oh it just makes all 3 of them all the more edible.

there are not many in La la land that would be so generous.

nappyaddict Tue 19-Aug-08 02:20:07

am surprised his parents/siblings wouldn't provide for their own granddaughter/niece

Piffle Tue 19-Aug-08 08:20:14

surely a child becomes the heir?
Is her relative the trustee perhaps? Pretty sure the money is not like in his cheque account. Usually locked away .. Seems madness that they cannot properly secure his daughters future.
That said michelle Williams seems like a very sensible girl and I reckon she's strong enough to provide on her own.
But it sucks. So lovely that these 3 guys have done that.
Such a johnny depp thing to do as well!
No dis to colin and jude though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now