Talk

Advanced search

Egyptian woman has septuplets - at 8 months...

(16 Posts)
WendyWeber Sat 16-Aug-08 18:53:46

<faints>

They weighed between 3 & 6 pounds - if they all just weighed 3 pounds that's 21 pounds shock

WilfSell Sat 16-Aug-08 18:58:15

She was 8 months? Even more of a miracle then...? <rofl at my own bad jokes>

JonahTakalua Sat 16-Aug-08 19:00:29

she'll get free nappies and milk for two years.
scrounger.
wink

WendyWeber Sat 16-Aug-08 19:02:19

Oh v droll, Wilf, thank you grin

ScummyMummy Sat 16-Aug-08 19:03:21

shock My boys are pleased that the "boys won" . crivvens, though. 7 babies at once. The horror!

WendyWeber Sat 16-Aug-08 19:04:36

Yeah but she has 3 girls already scummy, so the poor boys are still outnumbered 6-4.

(She just wanted the 1 boy really, would your DSs like a sibling? wink)

ScummyMummy Sat 16-Aug-08 19:07:43

I did mention that to them, ww, but they seemed to dismiss the older girls as irrelevant. They would like a sibling. They keep telling me to have sex and get one and asking if they can watch when I do. ewwww.

nooka Sat 16-Aug-08 19:10:47

Eight months is impressive, and hopefully all the babies will survive. But it does make me wonder if their doctors should have been a bit more careful with the fertility treatment. I understand that multiple pregnancies of this order are considered to be a bad thing...

fuzzywuzzy Sat 16-Aug-08 19:16:56

apparently the doctors did suggest abortign some butthe couple decided to go ahead without intervening.
From what I read the children appear to be doing well.

nooka Sat 16-Aug-08 20:29:01

I think it is standard to selectively abort when there are too many fetuses because of the high risk of such pregnancies, but I really meant that there shouldn't have been so many eggs to fertilize in the first place.

nooka Sat 16-Aug-08 20:29:22

Anyway. Good luck to them now

3andnomore Sat 16-Aug-08 20:40:12

7 Babies in one go...yikes....rather them than me I'd say...the thought makes me shudder, tbh!#And now they have 10 Kids altogether....shock

But, great that they are all seemingly doing well and wow for her to get to 8 month....quite amazing!

TwoIfBySea Sat 16-Aug-08 21:56:30

Good luck to them, I cannot imagine what size her bump would have been. Mine with twins was like the prow of a ship at that stage.

I just hope they don't have the attitude of the elderly Indian couple who had the twins and are delighted with their son but see their daughter as a "burden."

WendyWeber Sat 16-Aug-08 22:09:58

Yes, I hope that too, TwoIf sad

I attempted to demonstrate to DH earlier how I thought a woman pg with 7 3-lb+ babies would look - a flattened walrus would come close grin

JRocks Sat 16-Aug-08 22:12:39

ouch

TwoIfBySea Sat 16-Aug-08 22:26:33

Wendy, well as a guide, I measured 54" at the time I hasten to add! That was with two 5lb-ers. There is only so much the belly will stretch - ow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now