Talk

Advanced search

Anyone read the John Les;ie interview last week

(54 Posts)
Monkeytrousers Sat 16-Aug-08 17:24:30

it's here if not.

He doesn't coem across well in it at all, in my opinion. Admitting that he "disrespected" and was "not proper" with women in the past...hmm

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 17:26:13

No. He's one of those vacuous, waste of space slebs I never bother paying attention to because he's not worth the paper anything about him is printed on, IMO.

Twiglett Sat 16-Aug-08 17:26:41

no I didn't read it .. couldn't get past the phrase 'brand moi'

WideWebWitch Sat 16-Aug-08 17:31:21

and she fancied him, ugh
think he's a tosser, brand moi indeed

Monkeytrousers Sat 16-Aug-08 21:09:16

"he seems to have an unmistakable sexual aura about him."

What the fuck was she thinking?

solidgoldbrass Sat 16-Aug-08 21:09:31

He certainly sounds like a bit of a knob. But being a knob doesn't actually make him a rapist, and I think he may have had a rough deal (if he isn't actually a rapist: bearing in mind that I have not had sex with him and don't know anyone who has and have not observed his chat up technique either). It's a little like what happened to Colin Stagg, being a bit of a creep and a bit wierd doesn't necessarily mean you deserve to be labelled a criminal and pilloried for the rest of your life (bearing in mind particularly that Colin Stagg DIDN'T do it and this has now been proven).

Monkeytrousers Sat 16-Aug-08 23:14:37

oh, ffs it's nothing like Colin Stagg! What a ludacris analogy.

Colin fucking Stagg - yeah, Leslie has certainly has a rough deal as that. hmm In his dreams.

solidgoldbrass Sun 17-Aug-08 11:00:56

I said 'a little like' as in a man who was 'convicted' of a crime by rumour and the tabloids, with no evidence apart from rumour/hearsay/circumstantial.

Pruners Sun 17-Aug-08 11:11:10

Message withdrawn

Monkeytrousers Sun 17-Aug-08 19:27:51

Oh, and a specific accusation, lets not forget that,SGB

But most often the judiciary will err on caution and deem over 90% of women to be liers. That has to be the most disgraceful and probably truely misogynous (and that is not a term I use lightly) statistic ever beheld.

But now, via this interview we have his own admissions.

mayorquimby Mon 18-Aug-08 10:51:18

"But now, via this interview we have his own admissions."

admissions to what? being a bit of a dick and treating women he slept with badly?

i read the interview myself and all the way through couldn't help feeling he was an absolute twat who did cocaine,shagged around and thought he was the centre of the universe when he was younger. all of these are not exactly praise worthy traits but there is absolutely no evidence that he ever sexually assaulted anyone or forced them to have non-consensual sex.

SlartyBartFast Mon 18-Aug-08 10:52:42

i hadnt realised until reading that interview that he was actually innocent shock

mud sticks aye.

could NOT find the attraction in him myself hmm

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 10:59:55

I refer you to my first post Mayor Q. Use your imagination. What do you think he means by 'disrespecting' and 'not proper' - that he failed to open doors for them?

We are all grown women here. Lets try not to be naive.

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 11:00:40

He was found to be innocent SBF. Most guilt rapists are. What a paradox [hmm[

SlartyBartFast Mon 18-Aug-08 11:02:33

whatshername only half revealed him didnt she... strange

DillyTanty Mon 18-Aug-08 11:04:08

yup, all that women who kiss and tell stuff. the papers would have published kiss and tells on leslie, no problem. so why did they go the extra mile and say he'd forced them?

SlartyBartFast Mon 18-Aug-08 11:05:29

perhaps he will carry on in property development and not come back to the media in that case

mayorquimby Mon 18-Aug-08 11:09:45

" What do you think he means by 'disrespecting' and 'not proper' - that he failed to open doors for them?"

well that's the thing if you use your imagination it could mean anything.as you have shown just there, it could be anything from not opening doors/returning phone calls to sexual assault.
i personally took it to mean that he probably used a lot of them for sex and let them believe he was interested in more and that they could share in his celebrity life style. probably knew that because he was famous he could get these girls/groupies to agree to do more explicit/degrading sexual acts than a normal bloke could persuade them to because he knew they'd want to please him.
once again fairly detestable traits and carry on but not illegal.

"He was found to be innocent SBF. Most guilt rapists are. What a paradox [hmm[ "

i love this attitude. that he was only "found innocent" rather than actually innocent. so even if your innocent your still guilty. would you accept that argument from a convicted rapist?that he's not actually guilty only that he was "found guilty".
i accept that rape convictions are shockingly low but it is just as bad to cast doubt over every man accussed of rape who are found to be not guilty as it is to assume that every woman who says they were rapd is a lying.

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 11:15:47

and forget Colin Stagg, I'll tell you what this most sadly resembles, Ian Huntley - am man who raped and raped again and was "found innocent" - just like so many men before and to come.

Lesie is just a symbol - beneath him is a sess pit. What a great thing to stand for

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 11:23:29

You make me laugh MQ - that you would really be so naive. Why would anyone accused of rape feel the need to make an admission of being disrespectful and not proper with women in some trivial regatrd? Do you think it's that that was pressing on his conscious? Ah, bless him.

And the facts, not my opinion tells us that many many men are guilty of rape even if they are found guilty. It's ntt an atticude, but an objective measurable reality.

And I have never stated that doint should ne cast over every man. Please don't start conflating my argument, in an attempt to strenghen your own. Doesn't work.

mayorquimby Mon 18-Aug-08 11:33:59

"Why would anyone accused of rape feel the need to make an admission of being disrespectful and not proper with women in some trivial regatrd? Do you think it's that that was pressing on his conscious? Ah, bless him."

well in fairness you can trivialise the claims of the women in just the same way with a few sarcastic comments if you want.
"why would women who had been raped feel the need to go to the red tops and discuss their story?it certainly wasn't a cheeky couple of grand in the back pocket, oh no.was it because they were so traumitised that they needed to let it all out as some form of therapy? oh bless"
end of the day nobody knows what actually happened except leslie and the women who accussed him.
what we do know is that none of the claims had sufficient foundation or credible evidence to eve make it to trial.

DillyTanty Mon 18-Aug-08 12:51:41

actually, i think the women went to the police first, then the police leaked the story? you'd really have to take that up with the police, surely?

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 13:42:31

Glad your not actually in office quimby, with predjudice (in face of the facts) like that

mayorquimby Mon 18-Aug-08 13:52:42

prejudice?
i'm not prejudging anyone, in fact i'm doing the exact opposte.
in england you have a criminal justice system where the presumption of innocence is the unrebuttable right (except in some cases using mental health defences where the defendant has to prove their claims) of every citizen.
seeing as he has at no point been proven guilty of any sexual assault based crimes i am presuming his innocence.
surely i'd be prejudice if i was assuming his guilt without any evidence what so ever to prove this guilt.

"predjudice (in face of the facts) like that "

what facts?

Monkeytrousers Mon 18-Aug-08 14:11:26

Yes, but that system itself tells us that it is failing the majority of rape victims.

What else could you call resisting that fact, something the CPS itself admits is failing, anything but prejudice and more, blind predjudice?

I wonder what exactly your opinion is based on if not facts - very easliy attainable facts?

Try the home office web site for a cursery education.

Forget Leslie - as I said he is a symbol of something deeply rotten at the heart of our criminal justice system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now