Talk

Advanced search

Surely a City Council should recognise its OWN skyline?????

(9 Posts)
tiredemma Thu 14-Aug-08 12:28:11

just seen this on the news

where is the rotunda and bt tower???

My own council- cant even recognise their own skyline

idiots

spongebrainbigpants Thu 14-Aug-08 12:47:51

How hilarious - and also that they sent out leaflets to celebrate their recycling record! Wonder how many were recycled?!!

tiredemma Thu 14-Aug-08 13:44:12

I think its hilarious.

The Skyline resembles nothing familiar!

edam Thu 14-Aug-08 13:54:10

do you think they'd manage to unscramble this well-known saying: egg, face, on...?

Swedes Thu 14-Aug-08 13:57:36

Even if the picture had been correct, sending leaflets to everyone praising them for recycling is barking - especially when it cost £15,000.

Threadwworm Thu 14-Aug-08 14:01:14

I think it is admirable of the council to recycle an existing skyline. Skylines take millions of years to biodegrade and can constitute a trip hazard for low-flying aircraft.

Heifer Thu 14-Aug-08 14:05:29

That is funny. Bet who ever designed the leaflets just googled to get a picture of brum....

belgo Thu 14-Aug-08 14:10:27

It's funny, but scarey to think that such dim people have access to a huge amount of public funding.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 14-Aug-08 20:18:22

I think its probably something to do with the fact that they outsource a lot of things these days- a graphic designer in Cardiff probably doesn't have an intimate knowledge of the B'ham skyline!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now