Talk

Advanced search

First 'fast freeze' IVF baby born

(5 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Tue 12-Aug-08 06:55:03

And she is a bonny little thing smile

This will give hope to those women who will be undergoing cancer treatment that could render them infertile.

Full story here

Pruners Tue 12-Aug-08 07:58:06

Message withdrawn

spongebrainbigpants Tue 12-Aug-08 11:38:25

That is such a wonderful story.

We lost our two frozen embryos when we defrosted them last year, which was absolutely devastating. To think a new method of freezing could make the difference next time is very reassuring and will give hope to thousands.

The miracle of science!

SoupDragon Tue 12-Aug-08 12:02:32

TBH, I find the whole idea that you can freeze an embryo absolutely mind blowing. The improvements in the technique kind of mean nothing compared to that in my mind Absolutely incredible.

MilaMae Tue 12-Aug-08 13:48:46

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

My twin boys are the result of a frozen embryo transfer.

2 of the 5 embryos de-frosted perished. The morning of the transfer we had a phonecall each time an embryo perished during de-frost,totally awful will never forget it.

Even though we finally conceived during that FET the pain of loosing the other embryos hurt for a long time. I still can't think about that morning without getting a little upset. No idea why the last ropier embryos made it.

If this spares more couples the pain of loosing embryos through de-frost it's a wonderful thing.

Science is amazing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now