Talk

Advanced search

MMR campaign

(5 Posts)
Feenie Thu 07-Aug-08 16:40:38

here

No mention of single vaccines again - why is this seldom part of the debate?

catweazle Thu 07-Aug-08 18:41:44

Never is. The report I read seemed to suggest parents were too stupid to have actually made a decision about this, and that by contacting all those who hadn't had it they would instantly and eagerly snap it up.

Perhaps some will, but I made a conscious and informed decision not to go ahead, and will not be panicking into changing my mind now.

edam Thu 07-Aug-08 18:44:39

I made a careful and informed decision to give singles, and informed my GP surgery - didn't stop the ruddy PCT sending me endless appointments for ds, though. I cancelled the first couple but then got fed up with it.

He's since had the pre-school MMR booster, because I felt by four I knew he didn't have any particular risk factors such as auto-immune disease.

dinny Thu 07-Aug-08 18:48:17

my two have had singles privately - I get so many letters from out PCT, despite having copied them on single vax documents

Feenie Thu 07-Aug-08 21:27:03

I've had loads of letters too - the receptionist told me to just bin them when I phoned, they were that interested. But suddenly this week they phoned and wanted to know the dates - I know why now, reading this report.

Wish the BBC would stop talking about children who haven't had the MMR as unvaccinated - how can they possibly know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now