Talk

Advanced search

Ulrika Jonsson-article on post baby body-actually quite good

(50 Posts)
jenk1 Thu 07-Aug-08 10:57:09

I agree with a lot of what she says, she speaks sensibly.

ulrika

StellaWasADiver Thu 07-Aug-08 11:05:10

Oblomov Thu 07-Aug-08 11:11:53

Just for once, I agreed with quite alot of what she said.

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Thu 07-Aug-08 11:18:51

she looks better with a fuller face. i fully sympathise with the barrage balloons, i was equally freakishly endowed.

cthea Thu 07-Aug-08 11:19:09

Perhaps the only thing I disagree with is that putting on so much weight during pregnancy is fine - it can have negative effects. Otherwise, yes, good article. But what is it with those tattoos?

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Thu 07-Aug-08 11:21:47

Good for her.
Not so keen on the bashing of slim slebs though - some people are naturally v slim and will ping back into shape after a baby. I get the point about the pressure to do so in Hollywood, but no need to name names.
I think that article should be handed out at booking in appointments.

<applauds Ulrikakakakakakkaakaaaa wholeheartedly though>

rookiemater Thu 07-Aug-08 11:23:41

Good for her, I never thought I would find myself nodding in agreement so much with Ulrika. I hope this marriage lasts as her DH sounds quite sensible.

bohemianbint Thu 07-Aug-08 11:27:01

Bloomin' good on her. grin

SheikYerbouti Thu 07-Aug-08 11:29:08

I think she looks better heavier. Given I am still carrying my "baby weight" around fater nigh in 2 years then I really hate reading about folk who get u at 3am to do 4 hours exercise and live on one mum=ng beanm a week

franke Thu 07-Aug-08 11:30:11

Quite surprised to see this in the DM tbh. That tabloid is one of the worst for insulting Ulrika and for insulting slebs generally about their bodies. There was also an "article" today about Lily Allen having stubbly armpits fgs.

FioFio Thu 07-Aug-08 11:30:16

Message withdrawn

Swedes Thu 07-Aug-08 11:31:52

I think she's very intelligent. I've always liked her.

Oliveoil Thu 07-Aug-08 11:38:04

I put on 3 stone with both of my pregnancies and lost it all straight away without starving or anything

I craved scones and had about 4 a day when b/feeding

so not everyone rushes to lose the weight, some just do

but I do agree that the media are obsessed with women and their bodies and not just after pregnancy either

check out the covers next time you go to a shop - bikini clad women with big arrows saying CELULITE! or WRINKLES! or SWEAT PATCH! like it is amazing that they OMG sweat! ffs

FioFio Thu 07-Aug-08 11:41:02

Message withdrawn

FioFio Thu 07-Aug-08 11:41:42

Message withdrawn

Oliveoil Thu 07-Aug-08 11:44:16

do you have fat fingers Fio?

<<<recoils, makes arrow with FREAK! on it>>>>

FioFio Thu 07-Aug-08 11:44:59

Message withdrawn

FioFio Thu 07-Aug-08 11:45:34

Message withdrawn

Oliveoil Thu 07-Aug-08 11:46:08

hmmm

right the first time imo

chocolatescoffer Thu 07-Aug-08 11:46:53

lets face it, its only been a little while since shes given birth, it wont be long before she pays for someone to draw up a healthy eating and exercise plan, brings out a fitness dvd and will make new mums feel crap about their bodies again! grin

WaynettaSlob Thu 07-Aug-08 11:52:10

yy - well done Ulrika (as Waynetta sits, 37 weeks pregnant, resisting the urge to jump on the scales to see just how much weight I have put on this time around.......)

Is this possibly the first pro-Ulrika thread in MN history??? hmmgrin

poorbuthappy Thu 07-Aug-08 11:53:28

I also nodded my way through the article - do you think if I contact her she'll pass on her 6 pairs of sexy maternity jeans to me????
(Also the only time I've ever weighed less than my hubby was on my wedding day and by god it was a struggle...)
Also really hope that she doesn't pop up again in a few months time 5 stone lighter saying how good ww/slimming world/lighter life (delete as applicable) is and that she is now so much happier...yes I'm cynical aren't I?

spokette Thu 07-Aug-08 12:01:55

I agree with her sentiments. I put on 4 stones with my twins and it took a year to lose the weight gradually.

Not all skinny people starve themselves though. My friend is a natural size 6 and 6 weeks ago gave birth to her son. She is already back to her pre-pregnancy weightshock, even though she put on two stones. It's just the way she is.

Oblomov Thu 07-Aug-08 12:12:38

I lost all my pregnancy weight, bf, in a couple of months. Does happen.
Since regained a good 1.5 stone, but weigh-ho.

Swedes Thu 07-Aug-08 13:45:33

Yes, I remember Mumsnet as being rather judgmental and nasty about Ulrika.

I like her but I think she has terrible taste in men.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now