Talk

Advanced search

What tangled web of deception with such tragic consequences [sad]

(14 Posts)
LIZS Tue 05-Aug-08 14:57:46

Warning: sad baby story

Story here . How can she be deemed not mentally ill to do this to her newborn let alone deceive the men involved?

MamaGLovesMe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:59:53

It is so hard to know what to say. sad

savoycabbage Tue 05-Aug-08 15:01:03

shock

wheresthehamster Tue 05-Aug-08 15:03:00

Poor woman. Poor baby. Sad for everyone.

RusselBrussel Tue 05-Aug-08 15:04:50

omg sad

Upwind Tue 05-Aug-08 15:05:28

Similar cases seem to happen almost every year. I am not convinced these women are criminals - maybe they don't fit the definition of mentally ill but this is not rational behaviour.

Sidge Tue 05-Aug-08 15:06:09

What a sad story. Sounds like things spiralled out of control and her web of lies grew more and more tangled.

Such a sad end to the situation though sad

anniemac Tue 05-Aug-08 15:08:55

Message withdrawn

Thefearlessfreak Tue 05-Aug-08 15:14:30

"was not suffering from any mental illness but was being treated for severe depression and is in counselling"

?? So severe depression isn't a mental illness then?

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 05-Aug-08 15:18:48

that is so sad, a rtagic spiralling of consequences and lies, poor everyone involved sad

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 05-Aug-08 15:18:58

tragic I meant

wannaBe Tue 05-Aug-08 15:26:50

maybe he meant that she wasn't suffering from a mental illness at the time. Depression could have come on after the event? pnd, depression brought on by the enormity of what she had done (it's not clear what happened to the baby, whether it was stillborn or whether she might have killed it or whether it died after birth).

Very sad for the baby and the two partners. Am finding it slightly less easy to have sympathy with her.

nickytwotimes Tue 05-Aug-08 15:32:41

It is tragic for all the peopl einvolved.

I wholeheartedly agree with fearless re severe depression. Of course it's a farking mental illness!

greenlawn Tue 05-Aug-08 18:39:03

wannabe could be right about the timing of the mental illness - which means it might have been taken to be irrelevant to an assessment of her "guilt" or otherwise (in legal terms). In other words, what they probably meant was that no-one knew of her state of mind at the time when she concealed the birth, but I assume her mental state would be relevant to sentencing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now