Talk

Advanced search

I just couldn't resist posting this

(15 Posts)
belgo Mon 04-Aug-08 07:46:21

here bbc link, those parents must be so embarrassed grin

eenybeeny Mon 04-Aug-08 07:48:18

this boggles the mind! That poor child must have been so bewildered!

MmeLindt Mon 04-Aug-08 07:48:54

Oh, dear. Poor little girl.

Perhaps they just lost count, imagine the stress of flying with 5 DCs. shock

twofalls Mon 04-Aug-08 07:51:05

Poor little girl, I would imagine she would be terrified. If I were her parents, I would probably feel a little bit more than embarrassed!

belgo Mon 04-Aug-08 07:51:32

it must have been very upsetting for her. I assume their seats on the plane were separeted so they thought the little girl was with the other parent.

Slouchy Mon 04-Aug-08 07:53:50

Poor little girl. How do you do this? Like the link says, you can understand forgetting your suitcase but your child? Even with 4 others to think of?

belgo Mon 04-Aug-08 07:59:51

It is quite amazing that they didn't realise until the pilot announced it.

ivykaty44 Mon 04-Aug-08 08:00:05

I have travelled with 5 children ranging from 8 months to 12 years and it was really good fun but we were forever counting heads, realise one was missing and go find missing dc - only to discover another had then wandered off grin by the time one came back with original missing dc.

You would think that counting them through passport control would help.....

MmeLindt Mon 04-Aug-08 09:02:24

Ivycat
Yes, funny that they did not notice that they had 7 passports and only 6 passengers.

eenybeeny Mon 04-Aug-08 10:06:48

unless each child had their own passport in a backpack or something???? I wouldnt do that with my 3 year old though!

Moomin Mon 04-Aug-08 10:13:52

My parents once went on holiday and forgot to put my brother in the car! He was in his carrycot and they just forgot to pick him up. They realised before they'd left the outskirts of the city luckily. ha ha

ivykaty44 Mon 04-Aug-08 10:58:27

I also thought security at airports was supposed to be tight and that if a passenger was not present they cannot take off - as the luggage is already in the hold and of course could hold a bomb.....

This is why airhostess/host count the heads on the plane before take off to make sure luggage numbers and person numbers match. I thought they couldn't take of if numbers didn't match??

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 04-Aug-08 12:39:49

I think this happened a few months ago on a flight in Canada? In that case as well, the parents were sitting apart from each other, both thinking the other child was with their partner.

I'd go crazy if I were that far away from my child!

reallynotgoingtousemyusualname Mon 04-Aug-08 12:42:29

ivykaty - they typically check all the baggage in on one ticket (one of the parents) so there would be no baggage associated with the little girl.

Mamazon Mon 04-Aug-08 12:44:35

Im eldest of 10.
whenever we went anywhere we all had to pair up....eldest had youngest and so on.

we didn't have to walk holding hands or anything but we each had to know where the other was at all times.

how on earth youcould board a plane without a 4 year old i don't know.
surely the plane knew it was a passenger short?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now