Talk

Advanced search

Amy Winehouse has been rushed to hospital

(19 Posts)
Winetimeisfinetime Mon 28-Jul-08 23:57:33

here

expatinscotland Mon 28-Jul-08 23:58:17

hope it's not related to substance abuse.

Winetimeisfinetime Mon 28-Jul-08 23:59:24

She had several convulsions I think.

cremolafoam Tue 29-Jul-08 00:18:27

After the article in the ST yesterday by her dad- she probably went into one

Hannah81 Tue 29-Jul-08 00:26:02

"A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We were asked to assist in the London Ambulance Service leaving the vicinity where a crowd of photographers had gathered.""

I don't care who it was, whether liked or disliked, substance abuse or not - the actions of the photographers reported here is disgraceful - to need police to clear a path to get someone the the hospital - have they no shame! angry

mysonsmummy Tue 29-Jul-08 00:55:15

no just bills to pay.
what a horrible job they have.

Lucifera Tue 29-Jul-08 09:36:31

and don't you know, if this poor woman dies young, the same papers that have been hounding and gleefully reporting every bad move she makes will be wringing their hands over "tragic Amy".

hearnoevil Tue 29-Jul-08 10:30:05

yep but if she has an album to promote she will be gleefully posing for the exact same photographers and have no complaints of the size of her bank account on the back of her publicity.

i still think blocking an ambulance is disgraceful, but she uses them just as much as they use her.

mamadiva Tue 29-Jul-08 10:47:34

Shocking that they blocked the ambulance but whilst this is sort of tragic, she is going to kill herself one way or another! It's her own fault no one else's the only people I feel sorry for is her famnily. Not an pounce of sympathy for her I have to admit.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hanaflower Tue 29-Jul-08 10:51:35

zippitippitoes Tue 29-Jul-08 11:04:35

isnt the abuse of her own health through substance abuse etc her illness tho

TheHedgeWitch Tue 29-Jul-08 11:38:24

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Tue 29-Jul-08 11:44:28

Message withdrawn

Marina Tue 29-Jul-08 11:44:34

I feel so sorry for her.

If she is posing for photographers etc she is doing so because her record label requires it

How can anyone look at Amy Winehouse and see a person relishing fame and shamelessly courting it, and therefore not entitled to any privacy while she wrecks her mental and physical health?

She looks absolutely stricken.

I really do wish the press would let her alone. Her and Pete Doherty too. They look like young defenceless animals in traps.

Boco Tue 29-Jul-08 11:45:01

Sounds like it was a reaction to the KFC

tiggerlovestobounce Tue 29-Jul-08 11:46:49

Drugs? Amy Winehouse? shock
Maybe she just had a reaction to some generic prescribed medication, of the sort anyone of us could have experienced.

hmm grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 29-Jul-08 11:47:40

but surely the press have to take some of the blame for her substance abuse? the girl is under constant pressure from them and cant even walk to the shops without being chased by them.

i know that she 'needs' them for her career but there is a time and a place surely even celebrities are entitled to have a life away from work?

did anyone see that brittany spears docu about the paparazzi chasing her everywhere she went. there was a scene in it where she was having to fight through them to get into her car and she had her baby in her arms. the press had no regard for her safety or her babies, its no wonder the poor girl lost the plot.

blocking the way of an ambulance to pay bills? would you be saying that if it was your daughter in that ambulance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now