Talk

Advanced search

Britney Spears custody agreement - seems wrong.

(52 Posts)
tortoiseSHELL Sat 26-Jul-08 09:05:03

Is it just because she is their mum that this seems wrong? According to BBC News, the agreement is;

KF gets the kids
Britney gives him $250,000 as a one off payment, and then $20,000 a month.

This seems very harsh to me!

bundle Sat 26-Jul-08 09:06:41

why?
would it be harsh if he had the money and she got the kids?

Flamesparrow Sat 26-Jul-08 09:07:43

How is that wrong? It would be no different if it was the father with her money etc.

sprogger Sat 26-Jul-08 09:08:52

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

WideWebWitch Sat 26-Jul-08 09:10:10

I bet you ANYTHING if she had NO MONEY he would not be so keen to have custody. He's a shithead by the sound of it but is rarely judged for it. She was/is clearly depressed and didn't seem in a fit state to look after them but what do I know? I don't know what happened to put her in that position. Her mother can't have helped by the sound of it.

electricluluarella Sat 26-Jul-08 09:10:38

hopefully the children will have some stability now. not harsh at all

WideWebWitch Sat 26-Jul-08 09:11:13

So I don't necessarily tihnk it's wrong, just that Federline doesn't strike me as highly responsible. But he probably is less mad than Britney atm.

Flamesparrow Sat 26-Jul-08 09:12:10

If she had no money she probably wouldn't have gotten in the crap situation in the first place Not a lot of point in the what ifs

Kimi Sat 26-Jul-08 09:13:00

I'm with WWW on this

bundle Sat 26-Jul-08 09:13:25

federline doesn't have a great track record but one would hope he'd got his shit together by now

shinyshoes Sat 26-Jul-08 09:20:27

Didn't his EX Shar Jackson (think thats her name) say in a magazine once that for his faults he is a really good dad?
If that's the case wouldn't they be better off with him than Britney? He might be a shit husband (we don't know this) and a bit of a player (we don't know this either ) but at least the children have one stable parent.

The money seems a reasonable amount to me, boot on the other foot and all that, they are wealthy people that live expensive lives, in wealthy areas, that seems a reasonble amount if she's worth millions of dollars

bundle Sat 26-Jul-08 09:21:22

really good dad seems a bit excessive

he did leave her (for britney) when she was pregnant, no?

MrsTittleMouse Sat 26-Jul-08 09:21:35

It all sounds like a complete nightmare. I doubt that she is in a good state to have custody at the moment. So who else is there? On the other hand, he is a complete twunt and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he hadn't engineered this whole thing to get a load of money and fame out of it. I think that she's been throroughly set up.
Place your bets now on how long it will take before the two children are completely messed up and on drugs.

bundle Sat 26-Jul-08 09:22:50

think without the money factor, in the UK any child exposed to such parenting might be fostered for a while [could be wrong emoticon]

Kimi Sat 26-Jul-08 09:25:48

A really good dad is not one that walks out on his child and a pregnant partner because he wants to play happy familys with some trailer trash that had a massive bank account.
Nither of them should have ever had children

ruty Sat 26-Jul-08 09:25:52

agree with WWW. He's doing it for the money.Feel desperately sorry for her and she has been let down by everybody involved.

ruty Sat 26-Jul-08 09:28:48

loads of people made money out of her when she was very young, and as soon as she got into trouble it seems like they didn't want to know.

Kimi Sat 26-Jul-08 09:33:39

I feel sorry for het TBH, with the people she had/has around her she has no chance

zookeeper Sat 26-Jul-08 09:39:50

It's exactly the kind of order that is mad aevery day in English courts except that usually it's the woman who keeps the kids.

don't hear much of an outcry about that

tortoiseSHELL Sat 26-Jul-08 09:42:25

I think my feeling is like www's - that he wants the kids so that he can get his hands on Britney's money.

I know it's no different to if a woman gets to keep the kids and the dad pays maintenance, but I also can't imagine that the money she pays KF will go on the kids - what can you spend £20,000 a month on for kids? Nice shoes? In which case she is being forced to subsidise his lifestyle, as well as losing her kids.

tortoiseSHELL Sat 26-Jul-08 09:43:31

And I also think Britney has been let down by her family and friends BIG TIME. I think a lot of this could have been avoided if they had recognised her depression in time and helped her.

GrapeJelly Tue 29-Jul-08 13:49:13

How could he have been given custody when he's already abandoned previous kids? Will he abandon these if Britney's money runs out?

MsDemeanor Tue 29-Jul-08 13:51:44

Who said he 'abandoned' his kids? Certainly they don't live with him fulltime, but I assume that's because his ex is not off her head and she wanted to keep the children.
Britney was clearly, for quite a while, totally unable to be a parent to the children.

dittany Tue 29-Jul-08 13:59:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsDemeanor Tue 29-Jul-08 14:42:26

I'm not remotely jealous of her. But she was clearly on drugs and pretty unhinged for a long while, and the kids weren't really safe with her. What was supposed to happen to them? Unlike their father, she didn't even turn up to the court hearings to determine residence because she was so crazy. From recent pictures she seems more stable now.
Yes, he split with his ex, which isn't particularly nice behaviour, but when women leave their partners they tend to keep the kids, and men don't, which isn't always their idea. He certainly couldn't take a foetus with him, even if he'd wanted to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now